Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 15408 Posts

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Did some rallying today. Budy lost his oil cap and 4 quarts of oil.

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Mike, nice work on the exhaust. I had someone do mine for me. I don't have welding equipment, cutting equipment, or a lift. [:D] I don't know that he did the prettiest job, but the mufflers are ugly anyway and the important thing is it's all lined up and doesn't leak.

And after they were installed, I found... they sound pretty much the same as the old ones. I guess that's what to expect from a tiny muffler, it ain't gonna have much noise reduction. I like loud, I just don't like drone. The drone kinda changed it's RPM range a bit but it's still there. On the plus side, I swear it is making more power. Car feels faster. And it is quieter as the speed increases to way-past-legal speeds which is nice.

Your GTO dropped a bit?

Sent from 34.0764° N, 118.4296° W

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Usually I have my car cleaned inside and out on Tuesdays and Fridays, but it has snowed every day this week. I got tired of it and vacuumed the inside, washed her and drove her home quickly between spells after work.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Put in some LED bulbs, but they made problems, and I don't want to deal with splicing in resistors that heat up. So I went back to incandescent bulbs. The Backup lights are still in there, though (pictures in post #12 this thread).

·
Registered
795 Posts
Did an oil change on a mountain side today. Lost my oil cap and almost 4 quarts :( thankfully there was another car with me

#AINTCARE
#TIRESLAYER
[HOONIGAN]

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
yeah and he beat you to it lol.

that sucks but how do you lose 4 quarts from an oil cap or was that in addition to losing the cap?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Lost oil from oil cap falling off. I'm lucky we stopped to check the road ahead when I noticed smoke coming from under the hood
Didn't even see he posted about it lol

#AINTCARE
#TIRESLAYER
[HOONIGAN]

·
Registered
795 Posts
It's possible when a bumpy unpaved mountain roads

#AINTCARE
#TIRESLAYER
[HOONIGAN]

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
did I mention I played baja rally the other day? 80mph on similar roads but in the desert with no speedy limit? :)

·
Registered
795 Posts
Nice :) sounds like an adrenaline rush. We've been trying to get to the top before I go to basic but we always get stuck :(

#AINTCARE
#TIRESLAYER
[HOONIGAN]

·
FUBARCUS
7,767 Posts
with luck I'll make it another week to week and a half. First weekend I won't be driving several hundred miles to do something lol. I've put 8500 miles on my car since November 7th !

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Nice :) sounds like an adrenaline rush. We've been trying to get to the top before I go to basic but we always get stuck :(

#AINTCARE
#TIRESLAYER
[HOONIGAN]
Untortunately it's really not. I used to do at least 100 with the mazda on same said trail.

I'll tell you though, those corners make for some rather interesting drifting for an SUV. there's a reason I keep the sway bars on.

night rally is a little different..My hellas illuminate up to a good half mile but I'm looking to install 100w bulbs over the 55w. this is a cell phone pic on that trail at night. phone cams suck at anything less than complete light. low beams won't even show in this picture if I'd have tried it.

21 - 40 of 15408 Posts