Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 15398 Posts

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove mine to work today came out to some snow, I hate snow.

I washed it yesterday. For the brief heat wave we had.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
It is unfortunate. it was a good thread. Anyway, I finally gave her a much needed bath after a few weeks of dirties and 80mph baja runs. (lol) totally legal, those aren't roads. There's no speed limit.

tried out the foam gun too... that thing is so cool just because it coats the heck out of your car.

·
@redwoodone
9,432 Posts
That's a lot of pages and posts and activity gone from this forum.. [thumbd]

Anywho, I drove it to go pick up my new Canon T4i. [clap]

·
Titular Wit Here
5,205 Posts
What?? I guess I missed some forum drama. My car is getting ready for Spintech installation I hope. I have a feeling the exhaust shop is not going to be pleased with my request.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I missed it (the drama), too. Pity its gone, was my favorite, a happy thread. Well, I'll post my "today" mod:

Put in projector style LED backup lights. Just went outside and tested them in the dark. MUCH more distance, but I lost some of the "side" lighting. Overall, I'd say a good mod. I'm thinking maybe one projector LED and one regular LED, best of both worlds - might be the ticket.

·
Registered
727 Posts
LED Projector Light Pics (per request)

Any pics of these projector led reverse lights?

Took some hard corners because the snow is leaving[driving]

Here is a pic of the back of the car from a side:

And another from the back center at about 15 feet:

And the outside wall of the house as lit by the lights, below:

Below is a close up of the projector bulb in the BU light housing:

And the way things look in the backup camera, below:

EDIT: My wife came home while I was taking these pictures, and I've just been told that I must order some of these for the hatch, too. She wants them. EDIT, 03-04-13: And now she has them.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Mostly finished my Foci's magnaflow retrofit on the 4runner. Here's the deal. I set up my 100amp lincoln flux cored welder for the first time. I'm used to using solid wire and flux cored with gas but not self shielding, so that was a new challenge. The other challenge is welding the stainless steel tubing with improper filler metal. it is what it is.

Its crazy because I'd consider this my best exhaust fab job but worst weld job. I got pissed off because I was dehydrated and kept hitting my head on stuff. plus there's no room to work. So, there's plenty of leaks.

Fortunately, I designed it to be removed as a two piece system. Gonna pull it later today if I have time. Will grind off some of the terrible welds and finish it on the bench. Then I'll paint everything but the cat/muffler/tip with black header paint. [thumb]

two or three pics though for you guys.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
thanks. it sound pretty good too. or it will when I fix the manifold to exhaust donut gasket that's leaked forever and fix my crap welds. Drones a little at 2-2500 rpm only on light throttle. Power is a little better. more responsive. sounds stock on the highway.

the best part though is now I can sell the factory cat go pay for more parts on the focus :)

·
Titular Wit Here
5,205 Posts
Mike, nice work on the exhaust. I had someone do mine for me. I don't have welding equipment, cutting equipment, or a lift. [:D] I don't know that he did the prettiest job, but the mufflers are ugly anyway and the important thing is it's all lined up and doesn't leak.

And after they were installed, I found... they sound pretty much the same as the old ones. I guess that's what to expect from a tiny muffler, it ain't gonna have much noise reduction. I like loud, I just don't like drone. The drone kinda changed it's RPM range a bit but it's still there. On the plus side, I swear it is making more power. Car feels faster. And it is quieter as the speed increases to way-past-legal speeds which is nice.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Thanks. I like the spintech but that's some espensive pipe. I have a feeling I may have to do that on the focus.

I also am highly considering a mig conversion. innershield sucks.

the weight savings is pretty nice though. I went from that big factory cat and a round 24" long factory muffler to a hi flow cat and a 14" muffler. all stainless of course.

1 - 20 of 15398 Posts