Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What color would be best for Infra-red ST wheels????

• Go with black and machined lip!

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Go with bronze!

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Go with something else?

Votes: 4 14.8%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, I'm in the market of looking for new rims. Only question I have is what color should I go with? I've got an infra-red ST, and looking to put either 17 or 18"s on there. I'm leaning for either black with machined lip or bronze. Suggestions?

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
GO with black with a colormatched painted lip.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CrazyMatt said:
GO with black with a colormatched painted lip.

Not into that look. Seeing just a solid black wheel and solid black tire does not look good to me. And if you mean black wheel red lip......um, no thanks.

[:D]

Oh, and if anyone has some wheels they think would look sweet, post pics please!

[thumb]

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
TO clear things up.. I DID mean the solid black wheel with the colormatched red lip.

But that's cool. Go with what ya like.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CrazyMatt said:
TO clear things up.. I DID mean the solid black wheel with the colormatched red lip.

But that's cool. Go with what ya like.
No disrespect, just not my taste. Like I said, stuck mostly between black with machined lip and bronze wheels. Just not sure one way or the other.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
No disrespect taken man. Its all good. I'd go the black with machined lip... that would look GREAT with the INfra-Red...

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
go with the 5 spoke svt wheels, or the white euro svt rims.. i really like the rims they put on the svt's(hence i got the euro rims) but i think that the white, 15 spoke euro rims would look great on a red car.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
matthewstetz said:
go with the 5 spoke svt wheels, or the white euro svt rims.. i really like the rims they put on the svt's(hence i got the euro rims) but i think that the white, 15 spoke euro rims would look great on a red car.
Was thinking white but I kind of want something different, however those are nice choices.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
well.. you could always do the gold eap wheels too... but check out the tire rack website... they have a lot of nice rims, and you can view them on your car too

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
matthewstetz said:
well.. you could always do the gold eap wheels too... but check out the tire rack website... they have a lot of nice rims, and you can view them on your car too

Yeah, I checked them. I just wish there was a better way though to see how they would look. I heard someone in a different thread say he used photoshop? how the hell is that? cut and paste?

The EAP's are nice, but was thinking of some 5zigen or Enkei, just not sure on styles. [:(]

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bump

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
black and red theme is a grea theme, i say black with a polished lip would look great on your car.

but if not that i say go for a euopean wheel, multispoke >8 spokes

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
I voted for something else, mainly because I HATE black wheels, and I don't know how good bronsae wheels would look w/ the red. I personally would stick with grewy/silver due to my hatred of black wheels.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Duffman355 said:
I voted for something else, mainly because I HATE black wheels, and I don't know how good bronsae wheels would look w/ the red. I personally would stick with grewy/silver due to my hatred of black wheels.
Wasn't too high on black myself, hence I would never go full black, but the machine lip gives them some stand out quality. Atleast to me. But I saw a sTi red with bronze wheels and I was like hmm.....so I can't decide. My car is unique in my area as is, not just being an ST, but also Infra-Red with teh SAP I. Still haven't seen another car with it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
My friend just got these for his they look NICE i dont have a on car pic but this is wats happening i guess =) they are Enkei EMK3

·
Registered
428 Posts
HOLY SH!T!! Back from the dead, you did see that the last post was in 06 didn't you?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts