Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really what color but what shade I guess. I have a 2005 infra red ZX3 and I am thinking of painting the chrome trim around the grill black. I don't know what shade of black would look the best and I was looking for some suggestions from people. Especially from people who have done it. But any input on the matter is appreciated.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't know why this is here I meant to put this in the exterior mods and lighthing section. I guess when a moderater sees, it will be moved.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
if you plan on getting a carbon fiber hood, go black.

·
Registered
549 Posts
well i would say flat blat if your set on black, but if you color match it then duplicolor makes a spray can to match your paint code..its dsfm306 cardinal red....that is if you want the trim to match. post some pics when you are finished[thumb]

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
i ordered the color matched from steve, it was black though, i didnt wanna fuss with painting and having it chip. id say go with a gloss black of some kind... or color matched looks awesome!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
paint it with chared metal and ash in memory of my focus, JK [hihi] paint the body colour, I have seen that on some cars it looks good.

Logan

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Though I would rather not color match if I were color matched and painted the chrome red should I leave the middle black?

If anyone who has painted their grill black could post a picture of their finished project and say what paint they used that would be excellent.

Thanks for the input guys.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
^^ do you want it to be in your red? cuz i have the black on my black... i can post pics if you want them if not no biggie

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would consider painting the chrome red, but I still doubt whether painting it would look good with the middle still being black.

I would love to see what yours looks like zx360.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It does not look half bad jhess. I think that is what I am going to go for. You just used a gloss black?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts