Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need your opinions! Car is going to be blacked out. I don't want red calipers though, I was thinking bronze maybe? What do you guys think?

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Black gets my vote. I just painted mine from red to black and love what it does to the car. Bronze on a black car isn't bad too.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does black really look good I would think that black would just blend in.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
How about silver, or yellow!

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Does black really look good I would think that black would just blend in.
Exactly, why do it if you have to get up close and shine a flashlight in there just to show all the hard work you have done.

My tail lights are red so i painted mine red to give a little more red balance to the car. Its just enough

I would of done mine silver but i prefer silver wheels to stand out from the tire. If i had done them silver they would just look like a deformed wheel.

·
Registered
207 Posts
which color wheels do you have/plan on getting? black calipers do look good! my rotors have a goldish tone so the calipers stand out a little more..

·
Registered
95 Posts
My thought process...

Black retains heats, so painting calipers black would keep the brakes hotter. I'll agree it would probably be slight but still, reason enough maybe to go with another color?

·
Registered
207 Posts
good thinking.. but keep going: tecnically - they are still painted.. which will still hold some heat [dunno] if he's not on his brakes all the time then they shouldnt get too hot to begin with

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Anything is better then the stock rusted nasty look IMO after you paint em they are so easy to keep clean too.

·
Registered
95 Posts
good thinking.. but keep going: tecnically - they are still painted.. which will still hold some heat [dunno] if he's not on his brakes all the time then they shouldnt get too hot to begin with
I don't know, I'm not claiming to have any hard evidence here but its a theory. When I see people painting their charge tubing black I think the same thing about it retaining heat especially under the hood.

·
Registered
39 Posts
What color are your wheels gonna be? if they're black, go with bronze, it'll look sharp!

Mine got painted blue, with chrome wheels on a silver focus :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm going to be getting the Ford Racing black rally wheels and I'm really digging all of the feedback. I'm really liking silver or the bronze still. What do you guys think of blue like almost an aqua or teal?

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
If you're doing all black, like smoking out the lights and everything, going bronze or gold on the calipers would look good.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I'm going to be getting the Ford Racing black rally wheels and I'm really digging all of the feedback. I'm really liking silver or the bronze still. What do you guys think of blue like almost an aqua or teal?
bronze would look good for an all black car if you are not going to do red.

The purple previously posted also has potential because it is subdued. Yellow, aqua or teal calipers would probably stand out in the wrong way (ricey?)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I really cant find bronze caliper paint anywhere, I can find gold but I dont want gold ya know? I want something darker than gold, hence the bronze choice but nobody makes it! If anybody can find some I will be extremely grateful.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
I really cant find bronze caliper paint anywhere, I can find gold but I dont want gold ya know? I want something darker than gold, hence the bronze choice but nobody makes it! If anybody can find some I will be extremely grateful.
I just use regular paint for metal. Nothing special and it seems to be holding up quite well.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts