Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What Color is Your Car ?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's a thread for each Focus' color, but I want to know what is the most popular color here... I think gray is the most popular color (in general), but here on FocusFanatics, is it different ?

I am sorry if I forgot some color choice/s. The mod can just add them.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Blue Candy Fsck Yeah!!!

You know all the cars on the road are either white, black or gray...[grinking]

The rest is just small statistics!!

I wonder why people choose colors like this...

Seriously....Market resale value (neutral color?)?

·
Registered
151 Posts
That's exactly what it is. Both for the people who actually order one, as well as dealerships that order them in for the general populace.

Btw, the way I read it, there is no "ruby candy." It's ruby red.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
sonic blue which I figure is close enough to performance blue

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
The way to actually 'know' is to read the "total production" numbers. For the 2013 there are around here, printed out, and divvied up by color.
The 2014 production numbers are not out yet.

All I remember is RED is the least produced in 2013. I think that is because the Tangerine Scream stole some people who, without a Tangerine Scream color available, would have picked red.
I can almost guarantee the silver was the least popular in 2014. as they cut that color from the 2015.
There is at least ONE repainted to green ST, which makes THAT car the rarest color of all.

Since I bought mine in November of 2014, locally I have seen one blue, one white, and one (other) Tangerine Scream on the street. (at my dealer, I have seen two blue, two black, and a white)

I almost ordered a white one, but thought why bother with such a bland color? Though it sure does help to blend in when going too fast.
If there would have been a great green color, I certainly would have gotten that. (the Fiesta green is not my idea of a 'great' green color. The sort I like are the Ford Amazon Green/Tropic Green. Or the fabulous green on the early Honda S2000. Even the Frosted Glass was a nice color.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's exactly what it is. Both for the people who actually order one, as well as dealerships that order them in for the general populace.

Btw, the way I read it, there is no "ruby candy." It's ruby red.
sonic blue which I figure is close enough to performance blue
I am sorry. I did a search to make sure I had all colors but I missed some I can see... The Ruby Candy is a mistake I did. I didn't know Ford had Ruby Red and Candy Red... I thought both were the same.

Can a moderator edit the poll ?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Tuxedo black on both foci I have owned.

·
Infidel
3,307 Posts
Take a look to the left and you'll see the color of my Focus.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm just glad Arizona Beige isn't available anymore [thumbd]
Or as my children affectionately call Focus2, Cat-Puke Tan

·
Registered
154 Posts
My wife and I ended up with a Ruby "candy" Red one. We had originally decided on the "Blue Candy" but the dealership didn't have one in that color with the options we wanted. I like the Ruby Red, it shines really nice especially after a nice wax job [twothumbs]

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I went with white. Something about a white hatch just looks so clean. Reminds me of old school Hondas.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The only manual we could find with the options we wanted was Tuxedo Black. Wanted Sterling Gray but the black has grown on us. It looks great when clean.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts