Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i really need help i dont kno much bout my car yet but im tryin to learn

I just got a 2002 zx3 n im tryin to get it lowered to round 3" and i wanted to know what i should get and how much it will cost to get my car lowered 3" right now ? will i need a camber kit? can i do it myself?

The other question i have is whats a good deep loud catback out there for the focus and is it easy to install? is apexi any good for these cars?

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
borla sounds good...
magnaflow and flowmaster are loud...
as for suspension...
you get what you paid for...
buy cheap get a bad product....

and yes..
if you get your car lowerd 3" (you will be touching ground) you will need chamber kit

just wondering why so low ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i really dont kno i guess cause cars round here arent all that low and the one focus that is round here is dropped to bout 2" and you can barley tell

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
2" would be good enough...
what are your budget ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Exhaust wise, the Magnaflow exhaust is about as cheap as you are gonna find a quality exhaust. Also, TruBendz is a company that uses their own piping but slaps on a Magnaflow, Flowmaster or Borla muffler, whichever is your perference. Their prices are pretty good, but some people have complained about their customer service. They also give you the option of picking either aluminized steel or stainless steel.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was just gonna start off with coilovers but im tryin to stay under 300 for the suspension right now so i might just go for the 2" lowering springs.

Now if i do that instead do i still need a chamber kit?

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
if i'm not mistaken./..
for 2 or less no chamber is needed...
well you can get eibach kit with struts and springs for arround 400 or so...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
another dumb quetsion.....im tryin to get a muffler on my catback thats like 3-4" end anyone have one ? what kind? i want it too sound better than it looks but i want it to look good too, not oo big but decent size.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
@zirelly..
i thought the magnaflow was loud...
well i guess not...

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
if that so people arround here have been giving wrong info...
[:(!]

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
alright anyone hear of hks exhausts? anygood? im just tryin to find one with that deep sound to it but also some style, not a tip under 3"

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
if u want rice look and tip, hks is for you, otherwise, go with borla or mbrp.

zarelli: u on crack man?

300 and coilovers with components...not gonna happen, but u could get lowering springs and then save for everything else which is pretty useless...

save up like 500, then do suspension, or save up 900 and do coilovers and camber kit.

·
Registered
388 Posts
2" or lower and i would recommend a camber kit and new struts....~1.5" and you should be able to keep the stock setup.

at 3" i'm not sure a camber kit would even bring it back to factory specs.....

as for the exhaust i carry most major manufactures, take a look and shop around. If you see them cheaper somewhere else PM the link and i'll see what i can do.

http://gallery.bcentral.com/Gallery/ProductListing.aspx?GID=5039290&Dept=341685

1 - 20 of 23 Posts