Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time for a new clutch/Flywheel. I am not interested in Boosting or RACING but would like a better than OEM clutch. Any ideas what would be a good alternative? I don't want to break the bank, but don't want to cheap out either.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I would say Soutbend stage 1 + Fidanza flywheel. Southbend has a good feedback for SVT focuses (none of them failed so far I know). They had issues in the begining with throw out bearing but that is already solved. I'm using this combo and the clutch feel is very good. Others using this setup often say similar. And the price isn't too high. I paid $4xx for the clutch kit from Southbend and $300 Fidanza flywheel (from ebay).
Maybe Clutchmasters and Spec is good also since they introduced updated designs but I can't comment much on these two.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I was going to buy a Spec clutch/Fidanza flywheel combo...that was my plan (now am selling my car)...but that's what I recommend because that's what I found to be the best during my research...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any feedback or thoughts on the LUK clutch/Flywheel?

I was given the cost of $1450.00 parts and labour.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
We offer Clutch masters and Spec. Both clutch kits have been redesigned. Both now use their own pressure plates, which is much improved from the ones before.

Spec offers option for steel flywheels for customers looking to save a little bit of money or looking for something more like stock. The stock flywheel is 24lb, steel is 20lb, and aluminum flywheel is 12lb.

http://focus.c-f-m.com/index.asp?PageAction=PRODSEARCH&txtSearch=clutch+masters+svt&Page=1 - clutch masters

http://focus.c-f-m.com/index.asp?PageAction=PRODSEARCH&txtSearch=spec+clutch+flywheel+stage+svt&Page=1 -spec clutches.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I have always used a Spec stg2 clutch with a Fidanza flywheel. Feel is similar to stock but slightly stiffer, they wear like an OE and launch great. Plus the flywheel really wakes up the car. Stock is 24lbs I believe and the Fidanza is 12lbs.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found an OEM CLutch/Flywheel and Pressure Plate brand new from a guy. It is the old part number....not the new updated #. I can get it for under $200.00 Would this be a good idea or should a guy just put in something Newer (for example LUK or CM, etc)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
177 Posts
If your going to spend the money on having it installed, go ahead and fork over extra on upgrading the clutch/flywheel. I would even if it's a daily driver. The lighter flywheel does a lot of good.[^]

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'd just get a stock one they are suppose to be good for 250ftlb-tq and then get a fidanza flywheel that would be a less expensive route

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'd just get a stock one they are suppose to be good for 250ftlb-tq and then get a fidanza flywheel that would be a less expensive route

·
Registered
30 Posts
ok, heres a good one. im selling my car, so whats the cheapest flywheel that still performs well??
i was gonna get an autozone flywheel, but they're out of stock...
it was a STANDARD brand...
it is $30 with a $70 core charge...
but problem is, i need to sell the car, and NOBODY will buy the car till it is drivable, even on here, nobody will buy it...
any sugestions??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts