Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to buy next year to wait and see if Ford will offer a MT on the Titanium.

I will be selling a 2002 Maxima SE with 90K miles that I have owned since new.

So, what say ye?

Former Car:
Mileage:
Trade/Sell?:

·
Registered
73 Posts
My 2012 Focus replaces a 2001 ZX3 that I purchased new. Aside from a couple significant issues covered by recall or factory TSB's, the car was very reliable.

Rather than trade, I sold the 2001 privately for a better return. Despite 129K, the car sold quickly because it was in clean shape with a documented maintenance/repair history.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Former Car:2007 Focus SES bought new Oct. 31, 2007 with 2 miles on it. Leftover that was stickering for 20,400 and bought for 14,400 on A plan with incentives. Paid cash
Mileage:51,xxx
Trade/Sell?:Technically sold, but after bought back from insurance from [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] running red light and fleeing. After dust settled and selling car complete, I got all 14,400 back on car. Basically I bought the car and wife drove it for just maintenance cost. She loved the car, but likes the new one better! ;-)

The old:

·
Registered
254 Posts
2007 Chevy Cobalt LS coupe...it was a rebuilt car with 85k miles.

I thought I was being financially smart when I bought it, and it was mechanically reliable but the interior sucked it had power nothing and thus defined econo-box.

The only thing it had on the focus was a little more torque...but that was probably due to the 15" steel wheels on it.

I bought it with 30k miles from the guy who rebuilt it for $5k...I got $3K on it as a trade which came out to have an additional tax savings of $210 so I basically got $3,210 for it.

All in all I think I did good on the cobalt considering I only paid $1790 to own it for 2 years and put 55k miles on it!

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
2002 Ford Escape V6 3.0L 4x4 160k miles
Gave it to my parents [:p]

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Prior car was a Ford Contour SVT owned since new in Dec 1998.
Had 110,000mi on it.
Repairs.. too many and i LOVED the car, but i just finally had it with stuff.
Sold it for well under the listed value as it needs both front wheel bearings again (replaced at 55,000 before) has had 'check engine light on more than half of cars existence. (I would only do the work when had to renew plates every other year.)
And the Check engine was on when sold it.
IF I could have purchaesd another brand new Contour SVT, and it got 30mpg i would do it.
I got a lot of tickets for speeding with that car in the last few years.
If I would have been caught doing all the bad/naughty speeding stuff I would STILL be in jail (I cannot say what, as I have been already cautioned for such comments)
LOL!!!

One reason for getting out of a high(er) performance car (and NOT waiting for the ST) is i am just getting too old to be racing around all the time.
I used to be able to drive like a maniac and never got caught. Then I tried slowing down, and when I did drive fast i would get tickets.. Not all the time, but I realized I was just not paying enough attention to never get a ticket anymore. Becoming senile?
Karma/CARma?
Anyway, i know driving a small engine car can be just as much fun as a big horsepower car. So i bought the Focus. Now i drive SLOW, the speed limit, and laugh at the annoyed idiots.. It is just as much fun. And getting 40mpg plus on the freeway is nice too.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
2001 4dr SE with 162,XXX miles on it currently. Trading it in for my new '12 Ti 5dr. Only getting under $1000 for it because I don't want to hassle with selling it....It's served a great life, but it's a POS now. Looks GREAT on the outside, but peel away the skin and it's just pure Michigan rust. Rust doesn't sell too well down here in Florida...so I'll let it go quietly, "take my losses", and move on! [burnout]

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi, Mk4 Mondeo which had only done 14300 miles in three and half years, I P/X her for the Focus. Here is my new Focus with my old Mondeo which I came across at the local supermarket:

Chris

1 - 20 of 264 Posts