Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you add the following to a stock, 2002 ZX5 what can you really expect to see as far as improvement in your 0-60 times.

-mac ram intake
-fc 65mm tb
-afx udp

Thanks,
Jay

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I don't know too much about the 0-60. It shouldn't be really that much but you will have a very nice change in throttle response and it will be louder cause of the short ram.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reason for my question is I was thinking about buying a ZX5 but I just don't think I can live with a car that is that slow. I've test driven an 02 & an 03 and I like so much about the vehicle but the stock engine makes it difficult to merge with traffic or pass another car. If it isn't possible to make the vehicle accelerate more quickly with relatively inexpensive mods than I don't think it's the car for me. Any thoughts about increasing the acceleration of this car?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have not driven the 2.3 PZEV. Unless I'm mistaken those didn't come out until the 2004 model and my price point is in the 2002 year. Thanks for the info though. Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
well for me i have no problem passing people ;P all i have is an iceman, fc udp, fc 65 t/b, magnaflow catback, and 9mm wires.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
those are good mods, it will help u in the low end too you will get off the line a good bit faster. if going for better 0-60 times u picked a good 3 mods to do it. only id change is the intake, im not much of a fan of the short ram but it is good for the money. look into finding a used ice man or volant if ur tight on cash. if not get the MAC, best deal on a short ram out there

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Three little letters... S-V-T.... nuff said![:D]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts