Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so i have a 00 zts sedan stock, its mtx, and i was wondering what i can beat. i'm thinking about racing it but i'm not sure if i can make any money and i don't want to get out there and lose, cuz thats no fun. feel free to share any experencies that you have. thanks

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Racing for money is kinda stupid especially if it is on the road and just betting not an official thing. You could get killed or hurt, hurt someone else, or get your ass handed to ya. The Focus is quick but if you really want to race it, you might want to mod it a little.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
LOL....haha
I beat a Lambo Diablo the other night. Smoked him from the start. I hate when that happens.
Seriously, street racing is stupid. In the words of Ultegra, take it to the track[:D]

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
hey...you can beat echos (carefull with them [paraniod] ) and mack trucks...

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Maybe a farm tractor or two....

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
The Focus ZTS can beat any of the following:
Mitsubishi Eclipse
Eagle Talon
Ford Mustang
Chevrolet Camaro
Chevrolet Corvette
Pontiac Trans Am
Dodge Stealth
Mitsubishi 3000gt
Mazda RX7
Subaru Impreza WRX
Toyota Supra
Toyota MR2
Try not to steal everyone's money at Race Wars.

·
Registered
875 Posts
fezzer0014 said:
okay so i have a 00 zts sedan stock, its mtx, and i was wondering what i can beat. i'm thinking about racing it
Two words:

AUTO
CROSS

http://www.scca.org for details.

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
Beantown Focus said:
i have a svt do i stand a chance against a 1.8t jetta? assuming we both are stock?
Only a slight chance, the 1.8T Jetta makes a hell of a lot of power in the low end where the SVT makes most if it in the high end. It would be pretty close though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I beat a yenko nova and a shelby cobra... but the cobra only had a 327... no surprise... Seriously though... go to your local drag strip i know around here we can make runs all day for like 20 bucks on special weekends.. i don't care what anyone says, but we have all done a half at race at least, wethere it was that cocky kid in his '88 civic with a rice can or something else we all have... but it is stupid because one jerk of a wheel and your life is over.

·
Registered
47 Posts
on a serious note...lol.....i beat a 90 VW Fox..and a Mitsu Lancer...by liek 2 car lengths....and i lost to a 6 cylinder eclipse by about a car and a half....and i have intake/exhaust/header/chip/pullies...and my car is ATX....BUT i hang in with most cars...even my friends 11 second mustang...when hes half throttle and in 3rd gear...lololol

·
Registered
35 Posts
A bit of topic but, answer this for me. Why do people in sport compacts want to race me on my motorcycle? I would never put my Focus up against a motorcycle that looks like it could break the sound barrier! I could do one of those V-8 swaps with an SVT Cobra motor, and still be embarrased by a 1.0 litre, 160hp, 400lb motorcycle.

·
Registered
816 Posts
[offtopic] @ liquid01 - What does modded to hell mean? (From your sig) I'm just curious.[offtopic]

1 - 20 of 33 Posts