Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are two hoses that run along the top of the radiator on the SVT. Either they are oil or cooling lines. What are they???

The one looks like it's connected to the T-stat housing, but it looks like motor oil leaking out of it. Maybe it's just a figment of my imagination. I'm noticing a stain mark on the driveway and i know it's not coolant or trans oil. The oil is dripping from the hose that looks like it's coming from the T-stat houseing and dropping onto the trans case and onto the ground. I would like to fix this since i've got enough other things i'm still trying to fix on this car. Please help. Thanks.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
The hose that runs to the thermostat housing is the return lint to your coolant overflow thank. If you are seeing oil on or around it you have one of two things happening.

1. your valve cover is leaking onto your thermostat housing
2. you've blown a head gasket and there is oil in your coolant

I'm hoping it is only option 1.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I sure hope it's not the head gasket. I just put a new one on. Coolant is clean when i checked the tank yesterday.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Yeah, if you just put on a new head gasket, then the valve cover sounds way more likely. Especially if you put a little extra grunt on the bolts that hold it down.

Right above the thermostat housing is where these guys love to leak.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts