Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

I just bought a 2003 ZX3 today with 34,000 miles for 8 grand.

What are the best mods to do first to get more power and performance.

Thanks!

·
Registered
776 Posts
I would start with catback, CAI or SRI, and UDP. The UDP made a big difference. Just make sure you get a crank underdrive pulley. It's make a big difference. Then a tune, but wait til' you're done modding to get a tune, or else you'll have to have retuned again.

·
Registered
776 Posts
forgot to mention the bigger TB. Although I can't say I really felt much of a difference. If i had it to do again, I wouldn't have paid the money for it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
yea the first things i put on were the volant air intake, then a throttle body, then a cat-back. the intake and cat back made the biggest difference but i could tell a difference after the throttle body...much better throttle response

·
Registered
122 Posts
I went with intake and exhaust first, as usual on all my previous cars. then i got into the ride height/stance, doing the suspension and wheels next. after that, got into more performance specific mods, but it all depends on what you enjoy the most in driving your car. good luck and keep us posted!

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
I did intake, exhaust, SVT suspension, and this weekend Im installing a new flex pipe and getting a Steeda STS this weekend at their Focus Day. Those are prolly the mods ill have for quite a while. Intake and exhaust are some of the best bolt ons you can get (other than turbo/blower). If you dont have to worry about warranty you can get a SCT tuner and really make your car shine.

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
intake:volant is a good one
exhaust: borla or Mbrp are both very good as well as magnaflow!
header: o.b.x. or focus sport are good.
then a sct tune, you can always upgrade yor tune as needed! & will really help along the way.
svt suspension is a great upgrade for the money[thumb]

·
Registered
789 Posts
slikirish said:
forgot to mention the bigger TB. Although I can't say I really felt much of a difference. If i had it to do again, I wouldn't have paid the money for it.
when you do this you have to port out the intake manifold otherwise it will still be like having the stock 60mm tb on. if you get the 65mm tb then make sure you port out the manifold otherwise it will be a waste.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
yea what scrammer said

1 - 10 of 10 Posts