Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My current mods are:
Magna Flow muffler
Resonator delete
K&N cold air intake
I just ordered Toms custom tuner
And I plasti dipped the logos on the back.

I am trying to go for a black and gray look as my muffler tip is black, my rims are dark bronze, and my car is gray.

What are the best exterior mods that are legal. I am thinking about getting 50% and 35% tint because it’s legal but I’m not sure if it will look a lot better.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
The rear window-limo tint as well as a limo tint front window shade 5''-8'' down & have them do a straight cut at the bottom vs having it curve w/ the windshield....sides do a legal tint...

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
The rear window-limo tint as well as a limo tint front window shade 5''-8'' down & have them do a straight cut at the bottom vs having it curve w/ the windshield....sides do a legal tint...
Can't pass inspection where I live with that.
cannot be more than 35% in NC on cars. Including the rear window SUVs and minivans don't have to follow the same rules for whatever reason.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
cannot be more than 35% in NC on cars. Including the rear window SUVs and minivans don't have to follow the same rules for whatever reason.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using FF Mobile
Wow, I'd think as long as you have both outside rear view mirrors, what difference, does have a dark rear window make? I can still see thru the rear window thru the mirror or when you turn your shoulder to see when backing up.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Wow, I'd think as long as you have both outside rear view mirrors, what difference, does have a dark rear window make? I can still see thru the rear window thru the mirror or when you turn your shoulder to see when backing up.
Yep I know it's really not even the legal issue in North Carolina it's the yearly inspection. They use a light meter on the windows and there's extra fee if you have window tint, and like I said certain vehicles don't have to follow the same rules.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
938 Posts
I did tint, deleted rear badges and swapped the chrome fog trim for black. I'd like to get the black package headlights, but I'm too cheap.

cannot be more than 35% in NC on cars.
32% in AL. I'm legal, and it barely looks tinted in certain light. The cops here have measuring devices in their cars.[mad]

·
Registered
158 Posts
Of course legal tint will vary state by state.

As far as an exterior mod, maybe new wheels? Personally I'd put the money into updating the audio or maybe redoing the seats.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I forgot to mention I have aftermarket rims, and where I live you can have 50% tint for front 35% for back and the rear can be as dark as you want. I think that’s what I will do thank you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here in WA only the front doors need 35%, limo black on the rest (except windshield), the tint limits are for police safety not yours, they need to see if you have a weapon. Also you can have limo dark on the front doors, if you get an eye doc to give you a note for very dark tint.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts