Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna get camshafts after i get my flexpipe and whenever my header ever arrives, thanks tuning-depot, and i was looking into buy the Crower camshafts on www.newedgeperformance.com, i was looking into getting stage 2 cus i have heard that if you get stage 3 when your lightly modified its not good. So what are the best camshafts to get, and are these good or should i invest in something else?

·
Registered
958 Posts
where r u planning on going w this? full n/a build up, FI, lightly modded, etc? i would look at the end product that way u dont have to go back and get new cams later when ur built up more...just my 2 pennies

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I am impatrial to compcams, great cams for what I have.

CAI, Header and exhaust. It is a noticable difference in the way the power
applies itself. These are stg 1's. but when comparing #s comp vs FR it is like
a FR stg 2.7. And i did not have to change anything out other than the cams themselves.

·
Registered
958 Posts
so u like them or u dont like them? [confused] i dont think "impartial" means what u think it means

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
in maybe 2 years or so i wanna turbo. but for now im just going little by little.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Not to steal a thread, but it doesn't make sense to start a new thread for my question.

I will be going with a full N/A buildup (I don't know why...I know it's expensive and the payout isn't too big....). I have an ATX, but will most likely just build it until it dies (hopefully not very soon), so I'm not too concerned abut it. What kind of cams should I be looking for?

·
Registered
958 Posts
i would prolly have to say the fr 2's...and get a tune for the aggressive shifts...i think that would really wake up the engine

·
Registered
773 Posts
Im persionally like crower cams. The stg 2 cams from them kick ass acording to the documentation. Plus crower makes a Turbo & Supercharger grind to boost FI gains when u get a turbo.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
i heard that you don't need new cams if you're going the fi route. something about overlap or something i read somewhere else. not entirely sure how cams work though. don't mean to threadjack this but maybe someone can explain this.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Sarif2029 said:
Im persionally like crower cams. The stg 2 cams from them kick ass acording to the documentation. Plus crower makes a Turbo & Supercharger grind to boost FI gains when u get a turbo.
ive heard all good about crower,a buddy of mine had a zx3 zetec and he did stage 2 crowers, and he did a S/C setup,then sold it and then did a custom turbo setup and the crowers worked flawlessly with both setups[thumb]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts