Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a Focus forum but this is a Ford question, not a Focus question.

My fiance is picking up her new '14 Escape tonight. With the VIN, I pulled up the Ford ETIS page on it and it came up with:

Outstanding Field Service Actions
13B14 - ENGINE OIL LEVEL INDICATION IMPROVEMENT MODIFICATIONS
14S03 - EXTERIOR DOOR HANDLE INSPECTION AND ADJUSTMENT

What is an "Outstanding Field Service Action" exactly?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
AFAIK this includes items that apply to a particular vehicle, noted here most recently with FSA's noting extended warranties for certain Focus models on electronics & transmission.

If no-one can confirm that a specific action (other than warranty mentioned) should disappear from the list once completed you should check with the Dealer on the status of these regarding your vehicle.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Field service actions aren't exactly recalls but rather things that the customer and/or dealer are supposed to be aware of. It looks like from this that your dealer should check the dipstick and the exterior door handles and 'fix' them. Probably due to known manufacturing defects.

For example you're probably aware of the current customer satisfaction program 14M01 for the DSP6 that was issued a few weeks back...that would be labeled as a field service action in ETIS.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The first one on the dipstick is a service program (has the letter B in the middle of the number) to inspect the dipstick, but the 2nd one is a safety recall (has the letter S in the middle of the number) on the door handle. Both should have been addressed at the dealer prior to sale. Need to check and make sure. Some safety recalls require the dealer to not sell the vehicle until it's done.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I know this is a Focus forum but this is a Ford question, not a Focus question.

My fiance is picking up her new '14 Escape tonight. With the VIN, I pulled up the Ford ETIS page on it and it came up with:

Outstanding Field Service Actions
13B14 - ENGINE OIL LEVEL INDICATION IMPROVEMENT MODIFICATIONS
14S03 - EXTERIOR DOOR HANDLE INSPECTION AND ADJUSTMENT

What is an "Outstanding Field Service Action" exactly?

14S03 - On your vehicle, the exterior door handle may have been misaligned to the door outer panel during assembly. A misalignment of the handle may cause internal interference and a binding condition. This may result in a door which is difficult to close, or potentially opens while driving, increasing the risk of injury to an occupant.
Model year 2013-2014 Escape vehicles manufactured October 5, 2011, through April 10, 2014.
Remedy: Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and correct the mounting of the door handles, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began on may 30, 2014. Owners may contact ford customer service at 1-800-392-3673. Ford's number for this recall is 14s03.
The vehicle you listed above was built within this time period - April 07,2014.

13B14 - Ford will replace the dipstick and add a new label. (Apparently Ford service centers could not tell the difference between the 2.0L EcoBoost and the 1.6L EcoBoost, and would over fill the oil in the 1.6L EcoBoost. So Ford decided it might be a good idea to add a sticker advising the engine is the 1.6L EcoBoost and a new dipstick which had better indicators on it to measure how much oil is in there.[:D]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts