Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please don't think of a skyline, I mean a 2004 VW R32. My car has only I/H/E and is atx and the R32 is completely stock. I'm plan on going to the racelegal.com event this friday in San Diego and my friend will be driving his r32. I convinced him of giving a 1 sec head start. So what are my chances?? btw it is a 1/8 mile race.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I don't have a clue but let us know how you do and good luck [thumb] [thumb]

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
holy crap. 3500lbs.

do the mtx swap first then you will win for sure with a 1 sec start

but with atx it will be close

btw they have 6.5 second 0-62

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn it! He is not unexeperienced, he comes from the honda world and by fortune I was able to talk him out on his last car purschase which was the r32. He only has like 2 weeks with the car so I could take that in my advantage. Any recommendations so I don't look like a comple looser (please don't say "don't race him")

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
guys, 1 second lead in the 1/8th mile is an eternity....
That's true! hopefully I take that on advantage, but another thing is that my D-tec doesn't kick in (sorry I had to say it) until 32k rpm or so in the second gear, which is already like 5 seconds...[paranoid]

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'd still race him I race for the fun of it whether I win or lose

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^^^ I will, I just don't want to look like a total looser.

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Will it make a difference if I use 91 octane instead of 87? I don't have a tune so I don't know...

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What about a booster thingy from autozone/pepboys/kragen??

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok I won't even bother.

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've been thinking all night and came with a strategy. Since I know I won't win with power I'll use the power of the mind. I will dress up all nicely, my racing suit, gloves, helmet, boots etc. to look like a pro driver and since my car looks fast (at least for me it does) it will make nervous other drivers and they will probably have a bad launch, miss shift shifts etc. Then I'll have a chance of not looking that bad [hihi] this stategy can work at least with the first couple of racers until they find out the real deal with me lol!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.