Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please don't think of a skyline, I mean a 2004 VW R32. My car has only I/H/E and is atx and the R32 is completely stock. I'm plan on going to the racelegal.com event this friday in San Diego and my friend will be driving his r32. I convinced him of giving a 1 sec head start. So what are my chances?? btw it is a 1/8 mile race.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I don't have a clue but let us know how you do and good luck [thumb] [thumb]

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
holy crap. 3500lbs.

do the mtx swap first then you will win for sure with a 1 sec start

but with atx it will be close

btw they have 6.5 second 0-62

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
they keep pace w/ v8's

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
guys, 1 second lead in the 1/8th mile is an eternity....

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn it! He is not unexeperienced, he comes from the honda world and by fortune I was able to talk him out on his last car purschase which was the r32. He only has like 2 weeks with the car so I could take that in my advantage. Any recommendations so I don't look like a comple looser (please don't say "don't race him")

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
guys, 1 second lead in the 1/8th mile is an eternity....
That's true! hopefully I take that on advantage, but another thing is that my D-tec doesn't kick in (sorry I had to say it) until 32k rpm or so in the second gear, which is already like 5 seconds...[paranoid]

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'd still race him I race for the fun of it whether I win or lose

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^^^ I will, I just don't want to look like a total looser.

·
Scuba Edition
1,694 Posts
put a 50 shot on your car.[deviltail]

·
Registered
774 Posts
The automatic in the Ford Focus is not for racing at the strip. You will probably get smoked badly. Just put the pedal to the floor and thats it. You could take out the seats and spare tire.

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Will it make a difference if I use 91 octane instead of 87? I don't have a tune so I don't know...

·
Scuba Edition
1,694 Posts
Won't make a difference stick with the 87.

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What about a booster thingy from autozone/pepboys/kragen??

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok I won't even bother.

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've been thinking all night and came with a strategy. Since I know I won't win with power I'll use the power of the mind. I will dress up all nicely, my racing suit, gloves, helmet, boots etc. to look like a pro driver and since my car looks fast (at least for me it does) it will make nervous other drivers and they will probably have a bad launch, miss shift shifts etc. Then I'll have a chance of not looking that bad [hihi] this stategy can work at least with the first couple of racers until they find out the real deal with me lol!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts