Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really wanting this to turn into a thread about complaining (MFT, steering, transmission etc), just some small things that are little annoyances that would be nice to see fixed on future models.

I find that the blue high beam indicator is too bright when driving at night.
No dead pedal
Better side to side lighting....(can you tell I do alot of night time driving?)

This is all I can think of for now @ 6500km's. I've been really happy with the Focus so far and hope I'll have it for a while.

·
Registered
573 Posts
A little less sexy would be nice.

All the women in cut-off jean shorts suddenly deciding they want to hitchhike when I drive by is becoming distracting. Its like a stadium of people doing the wave with thumbs in my peripheral vision and I'm afraid it will negatively affect my otherwise perfect driving. Luckily torque vectoring has come in handy when they dive into the road in desperation.

·
Registered
422 Posts
deeper cup holders on all models, faster wiper setting, and some sort of an extra spot to put my phone instead of the little weird half slot thing next to the drivers leg. The only one of those things that erks me is the lack of a handy space to place my phone or anything else. Mines an SE Hatch

·
Registered
800 Posts
A place for the phone would be nice. Also if the arm rest could move forward to rest the arm, that would be great. I am a bit vertically challenged so the seat is forward a bit, not much arm rest that way.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
The silver painted inside door handle 'upgrade' is tacky and will quicky wear out.
(It is an upgrade option on my SE, and i try hard not to touch the painted surface at all)

The shiny metal ring around the steering wheel air bag is too shiny. It sould be dull so it does not reflect sunlight

The speedo should have bigger numbers (why does it go up to 150mph?)
Mainly it could have bigger numbers..
The speed in digital mph BIG should be an easy option in the driver's screen,

The radio, if CDs are being used, should NOT switch automatically to the radio when changing CDs. Mostly because the radio is much louder than the CD.

The cup holders should be in two shapes sizes, so one can fit giant cups, and the other small bottles.

The glove box hinges should be smaller, they waste a LOT of space. Same for the center console, it is way too small, plenty of wasted space in there could be used.

The driver's side center console should be cut back a bit, another inch for drivers leg room would be wonderful. Get rid of that stipid curved 'pocket' next to the driver's knee in the center console. (some total idiot designed it anyway. It is curved, and fits?? WHAT WHAT FITS in it??? NOTHING. Nothing fit in it. idiot.)

The sunshade need to be a little wider. MIne do not cover that small gap twixt "A" pillar and sunshade OUCH! blinded again...

I have a full color driver's screen, make the software use it. All info is in blue-white. If you had a digital speedo in there, you could have it change color at the drivers chosen speed(s) Also have in the driver's screen oil pressure, and coolant temps together in a screen tab. with an AUTOMATIC warning flashing in that screen in red if either is out of normal range. The oil pressure and coolant temp warnings would be a lifesaver (at least the life of my engine!!!)

The seat centers should be slightly fuller and slightly softer. Though the hard edges to keep the driver centered are perfect as is.

The manual shifter could benefit from a short throw shifter..

beef up the sunglass holder, it feels and looks like it came from the 99cent store, (and probably did!)

Move the overhead lights. They are just in a rotten position. You cannot see anything in your hands as the lights are behind the driver too far. tow maybe three inches forward would be great. (OR put a pair of swivel lighting lights in the sunroof control pod.

A backup camera option for the color drivers screen, not connected to the big center screen. (or an option just for the no 7" screen so can see behind vehicle..
???

A driver's performance/economy switch for CPU to offer both setups to Focus drivers. It is pretty good as is, but it could allow the car to respond better???

Offer Dealer installed ST (even RS) options covered under warranty for all Focus. So a person could buy the shocks, seats, engine parts..turbo.. and have the full warranty.

Head rests with adjustments.. At least the driver's!

Bigger gas tank. PLEASE make it fifteen+ gallons. that is not that much more, but it really would give a huge boost in range between fillups. over 500mi!

Diesel option.

Six speed manual tranny

Limited slip diff for real, not some electo/brake bogus wonder... especially on the ST. PLEASE have a real limited slip on the ST.. PLEASE PLEASE..

·
Registered
141 Posts
- Dead Pedal
- Slightly more space between gas & brake pedals
- A change holder that has a cover, its weird leaving quarters in that little slot next to my shifter
- Deeper cup holders
- Being able to fold the back seat flat without removing the head rests would've been nice, kind of a pain

·
Registered
197 Posts
would change the location of the parking break on the titanium, and move the cup holders forward about half an inch.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I agree with most people here, there are my problems (that I can remember) in decreasing importance:

1. A nook to shove my phone
2. Move the cup holders forward
3. DRLs (in the US) (this isn't too big - is it?)
4. Dead pedal
5. Glovebox is hard to access (But the secret compartment and pen / insurance card holder are awesome!
6. Longer sunshades (I sit far back, so sometimes I still get sun in from the side)
7. The chrome on the exterior of the car reflects into my side mirrors and confuses the balls outta me.
8. Does the center console tower really need to be that wide?

·
Registered
226 Posts
320hp supercharged motor. [burnout]

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I would like to have something I had in my Cougar : the cupholders to be able to accomodate not only "oversized" cups, but also the "expresso" cups.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I am surprised regarding the dead pedal. Mine has a raised and squared off area on the left side of the footwell that i consider a dead pedal.

I would like to see the display in between the speedo and tach be replaced with a proper volt meter and oil pressure gauge. The functions currently there could be moved to the center display. Or at leads allow for a menu option to display volts and oil pressure.

I would also like to see all the trip functions be resettable at one time. All my Mopars have allowed for a single reset by pressing the reset or all by pressing the reset and another button at the same time.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I had added bicycle bottle holders to each side of the center console on my former ride. They worked great, as i usually just have a bottle of water (never coffee)
I WOULD add a few to my new ride. BUT I just have this nagging feeling i will want to trade in for an ST when i get to see them. And i do NOT want to have any single thing messed up, no holes in the sides or edges of the console
My ST love/fury would be squashed by the ST getting terrible mileage, back down around 21 city, 31 hywy..(and they mean it) or if my car was only worth half of what I owe.... or the seats wound up to look tacky instead of super... it had a five speed manual instead of a six...
But if it comes through and is beautiful... I may just HAVE to have one, upside down or not...

·
Registered
533 Posts
I am surprised regarding the dead pedal. Mine has a raised and squared off area on the left side of the footwell that i consider a dead pedal.

I would like to see the display in between the speedo and tach be replaced with a proper volt meter and oil pressure gauge. The functions currently there could be moved to the center display. Or at leads allow for a menu option to display volts and oil pressure.

I would also like to see all the trip functions be resettable at one time. All my Mopars have allowed for a single reset by pressing the reset or all by pressing the reset and another button at the same time.
Hi, I just hold down the 'OK' button to reset all of my trip functions, maybe it is different where you are...
Chris

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I meant for it to be covered better and not just carpeted.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts