Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
For the price, go for it...may just need to trim them a bit to dit. They are universal floor mats. Just trim it and be happy...your carpets will be!!!!

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,118 Posts
Honestly. Why not get good ones that will last for as long as your car does? I would get universal weather tech. Have ridges, are rubber, contain water and snow and dirt. They are awesome.

Cheap won't last long at all. IF you do want to get cheap ones why not go to a carpet store and get some fragments that they have in the back. Wide variety of color and style.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have the ones in the in the OP. Yeah, I had to trim them, but they look fine... I wish i could get away with just using carpet (it looks so much nicer), but I need something for serious mud/snow.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Proper fitting ones don't cost that much more and you will be much happier with the look/fit. Weathertech.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,118 Posts
Yes they do make ones that are custom for your car. They are pretty sweet.

I'll get pictures for you soon.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Just go to the Weathertech page..they should have pics. Also a search here should yield plenty of threads showing the different options.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
EDIT: non-helpful reply. Move along, nothing to see here.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Weathertech rubber all-weather mats...not the liners. This is the only pic I have showing the driver's side. Nice thing is it has a piece that extends up to the dead-pedal area..works really well.

·
Registered
984 Posts
My car had the Ford rubber mats as part of the winter package but I didn't like that the driver's side mat didn't cover the dead-pedal so I picked up these. I think they are round $60 if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Weathertech and WeatherBeater/Husky are custom fit. I can see where they'd be preferable.
However, I was on the same budget as the OP when I needed floor mats this winter. And I couldn't find any Weathertechs for less than $100 a set... The generic cut-to-fit liners were in the $60-70 range, but if i was going that route I figured I might as well just go with the cheap $20 set and see what I can find next year.
They've worked quite well...

·
Registered
984 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It says the weathertechs are not available for my 2014 Focus. Honestly, though I don't track mud often, I wonder if I even need rubber mats?

In my previous car, though, after 7 years my driver side mat was so dingy that all of my stain remover products and washing could not remove deep dark spots, so I may get them.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
It says the weathertechs are not available for my 2014 Focus. Honestly, though I don't track mud often, I wonder if I even need rubber mats?

In my previous car, though, after 7 years my driver side mat was so dingy that all of my stain remover products and washing could not remove deep dark spots, so I may get them.
The floor pan is the same from 2012-2014 and therefore the mats for the 2012+ Focus would fit your 2014 just fine.

·
Registered
984 Posts
They will work - no changes from 2013..they just haven't updated their data.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Guys, here are front Weathertechs for $70 (probably can get a code to knock it down a bit). Remember...not liners...all-weather mats
Precisely.
$70 for TWO mats (vs $20 for 4)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts