Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

What could I possibly want to make "shinny" with 3 grades of jewelers rouge?

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
manscape?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll give you credit for answer I least expected....lol

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
hahaha YES!!!!!!

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
clearly, your taking pictures and posting it on the interwebz. jk....

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
You could send it to Hank Hill's dad, seeing as how he lost his shins in Korea.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yup, it's time to take the ST200s up another notch..

This is last year when I got them and took them to the first level...

I'm still not going for polished aluminum because I actually like the machine markings but I think I can get them to be a little more reflective than they currently are. All I'm really doing in prep for Focus Fest is cleaning a car already described by most as "Clean!" One week to complete that task. Pics of progress tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I figured you were going to polish one off?
Or wax on,wax off?
LoL
Looking Good!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In not particular order, before and afters this time. On close inspection vs the last time using just wet sandpaper and maguires I'd say this time was not nearly as effective using just a quick 400/1200 wetsand and the jewelers rouge (mainly white), but not due to materials, mainly due to execution. I don't think the "amazon suggested" drill attachment was that effective and also impossible to clean, the rouge didn't want to attach well and then it'd gunk up. Clean to work with, cleans up with mineral spirits. I can see what it's capable of with the right application method.

That all having been said, in terms of time spent, going from sanded to presentable was much less. MUCH less. I did all 4 in about 6 hours and put them back on this morning. Again with a couple coats of wax and some new "rim protectant" that should get me through FF. I put several coats on the inside. Again, didn't do much to the faces, just a good wipedown.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased considering the huge loss of timesuck comparatively and that these are a decade old after all, and somebody's "discards" from their ST200 collection. Next time I'll probably spend more time on them, but that's because by that time hopefully these will be my "winter" set.

·
NeedsMoarEverything
11,409 Posts
Good work! [thumb]

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Some new pics. Finally finished the front bumper to my liking, claybarred the car, 2 coats of Maguires #7 Glaze and 2 coats of Maguires Gold Class paste. Going to finish up with a couple coats of Tech 2.0 on Wed or Thur once I remember where I put it. All hand applied. After I was done with those 4 coats I did use an orbital with a micorfiber bonnet on the whole car and it was still clean when I was done. Got a new tire shine, we'll see how it works. Still have to clean in between the spokes of the wheels, firgured I'll do that last minute.

FF11, here we come!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts