Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Just wondering what replacement alternator everyone is using. My car is pretty much stock and has 85k miles and it seems like my alternator is starting to die out. My car seems low on power until about 3k rpm and it stumbles when i come to a stop at lights when the car is cold. The rpms also stumble and lights dim when the power windows hit the stops at idle. I've changed my pcv, pcv hose, cleaned maf, checked plugs and coil. Timing belt was changed last year.

Autozone units seem to be hit or miss as are motocraft rebuilts. I've had 2 rebuilt motorcrafts on my cobra before going to an aftermarket unit. How are the PA alternators on the focus? I know they don't last long on Cobra's due to heat but that shouldn't be as much of an issue with the Focus.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Get your original rebuilt by someone local. That's the best way of doing it.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
did u get the voltage checked? it could be something else. i thought my SVTs alt was going out, but it was just fine.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Mine is weak, i think it will go out soon. jinx

push and hold the odometer button and turn the car on. If you keep pushing the button you cycle threw the display on the LCD and eventually you will get to the "bat" voltage.

Mine is at about 13.5 with lights and a/c on

1 - 6 of 6 Posts