Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am gonna do something like that in my . I am also thinkin of puttin a little car show in my. I seen it before and its not bad either.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
ok from that i understood that you want to do something like this car has in your car. but i really odnt know what you mean by "putting this in my." hahah and i just now saw your sig "those who understand nothing know nothing" . i guess im just a big ol' dummy then. [:)]

·
Registered
92 Posts
That's a really cool mod...I'm planning on doing that to my car this summer too. I'm still deciding between silver, or infra red.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Custom ICE

Well, that would be a pretty ambitious undertaking for a begginer I think. Custom door panels and a custom radio bezel?

The door panels would not be as hard as you think. Build the form the speakers will go in out of MDF rings and dowels. Then fiberglass it. Sand, sand and sand some more. Prime and paint.

The radio bezel? Well, measure out the screen you want to put in. Make up a template and lay it out on the bezel. Also, it would be best to build an MDF surround for the screen. It is easier to mount. Again with the fiberglass and sanding. Then primer, sand, paint and enjoy.

It all sounds much easier than it truly is though. That is why most people pay to have it doen... and pay so much. As for cost, the material is not too bad. Check out the Select Products website. They sell everything you would need to do something like that. Well, everything but the AV stuff.

They also have how to videos and such.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
focaltech said:
Hope you have a hearty budget.
for the equipment yes. but the work no
if you know what your doing you can do all that what you seen in that picture for under a 100$.

the resin isnt all that much from lowes and the glass(the cloth) is cheap. paint isnt all that much.. so it can be done for cheap. but you have to know what your doing to get it to look right.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Price

I think he might have been factoring in the AV equipment. The screen, controller and all of the speakers would start to add up fast!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Cheap..

Cheap is a relative term! Of course at the fairgrounds near here there is an car audio blow out sale. I can pick everyone up some subs for only $5... CD players for $9.99! I am sure you would all pay me back when you go the cash... right?

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Hopefully not in that color...LOL.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok my comp is messed , it showed that it didnt go through and cut off my sentence. *sigh*

1 - 15 of 15 Posts