1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
On a much more important note, which one of us put that in our signature first?

There are some poeple using it, the general consensus is that with a stock 21mm SVT bar, its a downright dangerous amount of snap oversteer. B16SIR1991 is using (I'm fairly sure) a 24mm H&R front bar with that steeda bar and its working for him well, but the 24mm bar is a LOT stiffer than an SVT front, which is a good bit stiffer than a ZX3 front. I'm going to go with the 28.6 being inadvisable, unless you're only going to track the car. Anybody else?

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
I have heard that 24mm is good, 28mm is pretty much track only.....

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
24mm is definitely all you need for daily driving. It's actually a bit overkill, being that the 21mm will do just fine. Leave the 28mm alone unless you feel totally confident in your driving skills. You don't want to incude too much oversteer, or else you'll find yourself doing a 180. I can tell you how scary snap-oversteer can be from personal experience.

·
Registered
666 Posts
BAH! I run the 28.6mm rear bar with my Stock SVT bar and its perfect. I also have some negative camber in the rear to help it bite in the turns...but its almost scary I expect itt o kick out and it doesnt...its totally nuetral for me. Depends on your overall set up though. My hocus is fine with it tho.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
i've got the eibach 25mm on my ZX3, i love the way she corners and is very flat coming out of them. haven't gotten the front on yet, but i'm sure that will help even out the steering feel.

·
Registered
367 Posts
What are the stock sizes of the front and back sway bars on a my 2005 SES ZX5?

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Especially after the way the autocross went down for me this weekend, there really isn't any need for a rear swaybar at all.

With just tweaking your tire's PSIs you can get all the rotation you could ever handle...

At the very big course, my 44F/35R PSI settings gave me wild and nearly uncontrollable oversteer. This setting gives me exceptionally good control and rotation on our tighter and more technical courses, and on the street actually gives a fairly scary amount of oversteer.

Save your money and play with your tires.

·
Registered
189 Posts
WAY too much for a near stock setup (even a SVT one). Get better tires and the car will completely suprise you anyway. Getting bigger sway bars is only a panacea and it will highlight just how inadequate your tires really are....

-bix

1 - 10 of 10 Posts