Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see focus sport has Brisk spark plugs for the Dura. Anyone think it is actually worth it to pay $50 for a set of plugs? If you got em lemme hear about it[?]

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Unless you are boosting or running large amount of nitrous, its a waste of money.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Bosh +4, $6.00 ea. No gapping. They are available for the '05's.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
^^^I heard that those are a waste of money too. My uncle tried them on his 00' Kona edition, and he said he felt no difference...

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Well, on the Zetec, they were too short. As for a Duratec, they may fit better.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
^^^Can you explain how?

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
FocusFreak87 said:
^^^Can you explain how?
it gets way to hot and the spark cannot "jump" it stays in one place, as what i have been told, I have torn apart quite a few 4.6's and 1.8t that used +4 and there was just a hole in the piston, valves and springs still completly intact. another thing is for some reason bosch have never run well for me in ford's or vw's. actaully vw and audi are using NGK now. imo, stick with stock plugs unless you mill the head down or running nitrous, turbo, or supercharger, and even then, stick with the same kind that came with the car ie: motorcraft, a/c delco etc... i don't even like going copper on a car that had platinum for f/i.

but this is just all my personal experience

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
i have the brisk plugs in my duratec. didnt feal too much of a difference. i noticed that it didnt "barble" as much when down shifting or letting off the throttle and hitting the brakes. but they are pretty badass. kinda look like a mini jet engine.

·
Registered
139 Posts
wickedgreyzx3 said:
it gets way to hot and the spark cannot "jump" it stays in one place, as what i have been told, I have torn apart quite a few 4.6's and 1.8t that used +4 and there was just a hole in the piston, valves and springs still completly intact. another thing is for some reason bosch have never run well for me in ford's or vw's. actaully vw and audi are using NGK now. imo, stick with stock plugs unless you mill the head down or running nitrous, turbo, or supercharger, and even then, stick with the same kind that came with the car ie: motorcraft, a/c delco etc... i don't even like going copper on a car that had platinum for f/i.

but this is just all my personal experience

yes at my work we usually see problems with the bosch plugs in the fords,usually cause problems,couldnt tell ya why but it just seems the ford engines dont tend to like em!!oh yeah motorcraft is usually made my autolite,they seem to always get the low bid to prodce them for ford!

·
Dragon Warrior
309 Posts
I work for bosch and I agree Ford cars really do not like Bosch plugs ecspecially 3.0 Duratec in the taurus/sable.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
JRODSVT said:
I work for bosch and I agree Ford cars really do not like Bosch plugs ecspecially 3.0 Duratec in the taurus/sable.
can you then please have bosch pull the 69 cent autozone special, bosch superes, from shelves. Thanks ;) I woulnd't put thoes in my lawnmower

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys.. always helpfull

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I think that the stock plugs in mine are NGK or something close to that. I pulled one of them at school and remember seeing NRK or some weird name like that! But as to sticking with original that's a good idea, even if the car isn't F/I, you still shouldn't switch from platinum to copper...or vice versa...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts