Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
puddins betch
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what can i expect from a T.B. and wat all will i have to do to get one on ?? thanks

·
Registered
930 Posts
You can expect to pay about $200-250 for one, and for me, I gained a little bit easier starting from a stop. My car doesn't studder as it once did and achieves wide open throttle VERY quickly.

·
puddins betch
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok cool thanks
so it will not add hp but rather enable it to be on tap a little better is all

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
yeah, i think once you get up to like 200 whp or so, you gain like 3 hp from it.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
^^^^^^

That review was influencial in my decision to buy a TB.

·
puddins betch
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool thanks

·
Registered
815 Posts
Anybody have any links to the TB"s, only one i can find is on Focussport.com

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
TB was well worth the money. car felt like a whole new monster after i put it on! got mine from walter marcy. but from what i understand, the TB that marcy and newedge sell are the same thing, just different vendor. i paid marcy for mine, but it was drop-shipped from newedge.

·
Registered
815 Posts
What would I be getting from buying the cosworth, just the name. I planed on ordering a SCT and a TB from marcy. But I read this post somewhere on another focus forum and it was talking about how ford wont own up to warranty if you have aftermarket parts and I just convinced my dad to letting me buy headers, intake manifold, tb, and a tune....So I might be laying off the modds for the next 4 years (I really hate that extended plan) We werent originally goin to get it and the damn guy at ford said they had a special deal so my dad was like why not. I should have just gotten the ranger, lol. God I hate ford they are a bunch of idiots, that never admit that they are wronge. Went to get tires rotated and balanced and they said I had to replace some a tire. I was like no way I was just over there 2 weeks ago. Well what ended up happening is when they replaced 2 of my older tireds 2 weeks ago They took off 1 good tire and 1 bad tire. So that left me with 2brand new tires, 1 good, 1bad. When i went back two weeks later they would not admit that they screwed up. They are a bunch of idiots! Bah, im sorry, its like 4 in the morning and I been researching about warranties and stuff and just overall pissed that I have been saving up for the past 5 years to modify my car. It just kills me that I have the money to put a turbo and to get that new transmission but I cant. I have been saving up to mod my car forever now. Now the money just sitting in my bank account. It really kills me. Bah, Im going to bed :-(. Should have just gotten the damn Turbo Passat for my graduation present but I have a special attachment to my Focus :-(.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Well, I could be wrong, but there is a law, atleast in Illinois that I know of that states, "the consumer CAN modify their vehicle at no fear of loss of warranty UNLESS the modification is found to be the cause of failure or causes another part to fail." Someone on here I believe said that any powertrain alterations void warranty. Best bet, call your dealer/warranty service company and ask.

and I believe the website I found that on was www.enjoythedrive.com

[thumb]

·
Registered
815 Posts
Right, I know. I was just mad. Because I know how ford is you just have to fight it.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
screw it dude just get the turbo, you'll be happy:p lol just make sure its all installed right so nothing breaks! i just got a letter today saying my warrany is either upor going to be soon. lol...you could throw the money this way and i'll pay you back :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
tdkaye1 said:
Well, I could be wrong, but there is a law, atleast in Illinois that I know of that states, "the consumer CAN modify their vehicle at no fear of loss of warranty UNLESS the modification is found to be the cause of failure or causes another part to fail." Someone on here I believe said that any powertrain alterations void warranty. Best bet, call your dealer/warranty service company and ask.

and I believe the website I found that on was www.enjoythedrive.com

[thumb]
Its called the Moss Fargson act or sumthing like that and it is for all states

·
Registered
696 Posts
Screech said:
Its called the Moss Fargson act or sumthing like that and it is for all states
I know. I found it and made a post solely covering that. Hoping the admin would sticky it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts