Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a very dark area in Tennessee I have tried a led which were ok but we're horrible in rain so I put in Sylvania ultras still not the best light is more yellow. My focus is a base model and I m just trying to have better visability without breaking the bank any help would be appreciated

·
So mote be it
8,908 Posts
the headlight buckets arent doing you any favors, reflector housings wont really make much of a difference in light between bulbs. Some might be a bit brighter but nothing dramatic. I would just stick to midrange bulbs, replace them in pairs.

How are you headlights looking, still clear? If not a polish might make the output better. Lots of kits you can use with drill to polish them clear.

If you want a real improvement, i would say retrofit hid/projector into your housing. Bit of work and not exactly cheap but results will be far better than any bulb swap.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
Like said above, 1st would be to make sure your housings are clear & not yellowed,ect. After researching out different hid kits yrs ago, I decided to stick w/ regular bulbs. I tried other brands that I had to order & then after having one after another burn out, I went w/ a common easy to get Sylvania ZXE's which works great for me.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I use Philips CrystalVision. Its a whiter light but not a brighter light. Unless you upgrade the lenses, just stick with OEM halogen and clean your housings best you can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts