Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its driving me nuts. i need slicks for traction at the track next year and i need wheels to put them on. i COULD get 16s but the selection isnt as good and the weight is generally higher. i want to be competitive or at least i dont want to have any excuses. so that means a 15 inch wheel. i have svt brakes however. what lightweight 15x8-15x10 wheels will clear? i have 30mm wheel spacers if need be to use them but i wont be thrilled about using spacers with slicks on a 400wtq launch. i have used the spacers to make my stock 15in wheels fit with the radials but they just barely fit. i am thinking about some weld racing draglites in 15x10 with a 25mm offset. just dont know if they'll clear.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Give Tom a shout.

I doubt he sees this section often.

IIRC he had something like those on the car he was advertising here this year, might see that in the BST cars for sale listing.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
949 6UL with bolt pattern adapter 15lbs
diamond racing 15x10, needs 5mm spacer about 20lbs
kodiacs, custom $$$$ about 13lbs i think
TD PR1.2 15x8. as far as i know, nobody has tested these, but based on the 15x7, they should fit.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oooo how have i not come across diamond before? im digging these wheels. they might not be the absolute lightest or prettiest things money can buy but my inner jew is howling for the cheap option.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
oooo how have i not come across diamond before? im digging these wheels. they might not be the absolute lightest or prettiest things money can buy but my inner jew is howling for the cheap option.
if you need any specifics about sizing and ordering, let me know. I could also tell you who i sold my wheels to, in case they would be interested in selling to u.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
shoot let me have it. i would like to run the 15x10s. would i need to run a spacer to clear anything with them? like i said im not very big on running spacers on the front. i will go to a narrower or bigger wheel to avoid it if needed.

my only worry is that 10 inches is going to be too wide for a slick and im going to break alot of stuff on launch at the track. it seems like alot of people who were dragging on high hp we running on 15x8 and 15x7 with slicks and were struggling to get the 60ft down and were still occasionally breaking axles. im thinking im going to say to hell with it and just try. i can always roll out of the box instead of dumping the clutch. but i am not having that garbage where all it does is spin all the way up to and partially through 4th gear at the track.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Not to hijack a thread, but if it's taken that way I will delete this, but do any of the factory 15s clear front and rear SVT brakes? I'm doing full swap this summer, and was wanting to get a set of 15s for winter wheels next year.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Not to hijack a thread, but if it's taken that way I will delete this, but do any of the factory 15s clear front and rear SVT brakes? I'm doing full swap this summer, and was wanting to get a set of 15s for winter wheels next year.
I know 15" Contour wheels like these

Do not fit over SVT brakes, in the front. Rear is fine.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the factory split 5 spoke focus wheels that came factory in 2000 will clear front brakes with hefty spacers. i cannot remember whether i did it with 15mm or 30mm but they only barely cleared by such a close margin you couldnt slip a credit card into the gap.

as of this moment im not worrying with 15 or 16 inch wheels. im likely going to run a really nasty radial on some 17x9s and see where that lands me and go from there

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
shoot let me have it. i would like to run the 15x10s. would i need to run a spacer to clear anything with them? like i said im not very big on running spacers on the front. i will go to a narrower or bigger wheel to avoid it if needed.

my only worry is that 10 inches is going to be too wide for a slick and im going to break alot of stuff on launch at the track. it seems like alot of people who were dragging on high hp we running on 15x8 and 15x7 with slicks and were struggling to get the 60ft down and were still occasionally breaking axles. im thinking im going to say to hell with it and just try. i can always roll out of the box instead of dumping the clutch. but i am not having that garbage where all it does is spin all the way up to and partially through 4th gear at the track.
Sorry late coming back to this. Originally I only had to grind the caliper a bit. When I put new brake pads on I needed a 5mm spacer.
If u do order get the 6" backs pacing. I had 5.5 and it wasn't enough

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Sorry late coming back to this. Originally I only had to grind the caliper a bit. When I put new brake pads on I needed a 5mm spacer.
If u do order get the 6" backs pacing. I had 5.5 and it wasn't enough
update. going back through my old posts, it seems you dont need to grind the calipers for SVT brakes and the diamond wheels.

i ground my old brakes, then i upgraded to SVT just fine.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sooo what you are saying is that the diamond wheels with 5.5 backspacing clears everything with svt brakes with NO grinding then?

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nvm i got my answer in the other thread. clear svt brakes no prob

1 - 16 of 16 Posts