Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to make sure I didn't F up. After a few rounds of wet sanding should the lens look more foggy than before? I havn't polished yet.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Any particular reason that you wet sanded the headlights? They will appear more
foggy for the simple reason that you have scratched the lenses. I dont know
if polishing is going to take out the fogginess, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I was wondering this aswell. Could you wet sand real good and then clear coat the lens? Oh and to the OP, yes until you buff or clear coat they will look more foggy.

·
Registered
713 Posts
i was also wondering how this will turn out. post pics when your done.!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heres the rundown- I bought foglights used, they were in bad condition, with tons of junk inside and everythiong. I baked them to talke the lenses off and I guess I baked too high or too long because the lenses started to get this like ripple affect in them. I wet sanded past it but now it looks foggy. The lens is off the housing and it's completely dry, it's just foggy looking. Here let me go grab a picture for you.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so I used toothpaste and it cleared it up a little bit. I'm going to buy some polish and try that later. one lens ended up crystal clear the other is still a slightly foggy.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I remember seeing some kind of headlight polish in an advance auto store once. I didn't take the time to actually look at it though, but it does exist.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
They sell headlight repair kits for around $20 or so at autozone.

I've never bought one, but I checked them out last time I was there.

It looks like they include some kind of filler and some polishing compounds... other than that I couldn't tell you what was in them.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^I bought one, its just three diffrent sand papers that attach to a power tool. Since I didnt have a power tool, I just bought sand paper for $3.00

I'm just going to keep wet sandind for a little bit giving them a rest in between
I just polished them and they are clearing up but the marks are still there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts