Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats better Wet or Dry and what system is the best...im looking for a 50 to 60 shot system...and can you give me a good site to order it from....and should i get a exhaust system first?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Wet is safest.

IMO

·
Registered
697 Posts
you' should never have the tank near ya. lol

wet is safer, less chacne of detonation. (spelling)

dry makes alot of cars go boom.

reason why wet is nice because you tap a little bung on to your fuel rail and have a line run from there to a jet. and u also have a n20 jet. and then you have n20+gas+ engine=power. i only recomend a 55 shot. and there's no reatrd or timing adjsted needed.

someoen correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
SVT4ME said:
Shellshock, go here:

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/TechServ/TechInfo/NOSTech.html

And read, read, read! It's a good idea to learn as much as possible about something like this before jumping into it. Please don't ever mount a nitrous tank inside the passenger compartment if you can avoid it. If it leaks you can become incapacitated...
Anyone seen Black Sheep?
Is the wet system also called the retard system?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Rowads.. ruides... why cant I say that word? - Black Sheep.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Limit, limit... thats another one of those weird words.- Black Sheep LOL

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
wet only on the focus, do not run a dry system with our returnless fuel system

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Wet is the safe bet, I have a wet 50 shot from Nitrous express, I also have experience with NOS and its good stuff , too. I also run a rpm limiter switch to keep it safe! A little more work, but well worth it

·
Registered
671 Posts
Has any one used the Venom kit?

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
I am not sure if anyone has, I think its expensive and may or may not work with the focus.

Most use Nitrous works or Nitrous express.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I would go with NOS by holley o and i hear the dry is safer and better for your engine (my brothers friend has a Mustang GT running a 100 shot of juice by holley and its a dry kit)

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
SVT4ME said:
Good info even thought it facts are ridden with NOS propaganda. Definitely gives more insight on how the engine and nitrous operates.

Question to those who have a nitrous system:
-----------------------------------------------------------
1. Do you run 87 octane gas or 91+ octane gas ?

2. Which system do you have installed ?
2a. how long have you had installed ?
2b. how often do you use it ?(daily, weekly monthly, as needed to kick some @ss)

3. If you've used multiple brands(NOS, ZEX, etc.), which one would you recommend ?

4. Did you install the system yourself or did you have it professionally installed ?

5. How much did you pay for you system ?

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
1. I usually run 87 octane and will do a quick shot with it ( only spraying for 50 hp), it does not audibley knock on 87 and a 50 shot. if I ran a 75 I would only run premium and when I go to the drag strip I run premium for a tank or two while I'm running the nitrous a lot
2.I have burned through most of a bottle in a day at the strip and it sometimes sits for days without use..I have used about 40-50 pounds of nitrous through it so far.Nitrous express
3. Nitrous express and NOS are very similar and both work quite well
4. Installed it myself , but I am a professional.
5. Doesn't apply ( I sell kits at my shop, )

1 - 18 of 18 Posts