Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
anti svt
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im new to the audio game and need to know were to drill a hole for my amp wire?? and help pix would be fantastic thnx

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Do you have an automatic cause if so you can just drill threw the plastic piece where the clutch pedal would be on a manual. I will post a pic in a few mins hold tight.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
^^that is a great location!

if you have a MTX, drill the hole near where the hood cable is routed. most of us have it here. its completely out of the way!

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
pix?

you actually gonna make me go out and take a pic of the underside of my dash? your crazy!!!

thankfully, so am i[;)]

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
as suggested....
as you see in the pic, my power wire is already there. there is also another hole that i will be slipping in a rubber grommet and running some more accessory wires for. the large black cable protruding from the steel is the hood release cable.

·
Registered
889 Posts
check the how tos, there a way to do without drilling holes in firewall, i run mine that way and it worked pretty good

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Well just be careful there cause if it gets exposed to the elements it will wear out fast. And don't let it get crimped in the door. Not to sure where you have it ran but just throwing those out there. When you get the amp and subs done throw up some pics!!!

·
anti svt
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it isnt in the way of the door i have other wires going in the top plastic grommet. i wire loomed the amp wire as well so that will help.

deck

my early b-day gift from my fiancée

and my $20 sub box

in car

and just cuz my rs colection shift knob

the total cost of this set up was $340.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I ran mine right next to the hood release cable, worked very nicely

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
see that area where you rest your left foot when you drive? the area where other cars have a dead pedal, but we just have an angles flat section? UNDER THAT my friend you will find an area that is BEGGING to be drilled with a hole.

I posted once on here with some picts on how to do it. remove dr. side wheel, pull up carpet and remove the styrofoam, and DRILL taht thing out!!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts