Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I absolutely effing LOVE IT! Little vibebration off idle but that's to be expected with any performance engine mount. I got it with the race bushings and you barely feel anything in the car with the ac off, you do however notice it a lil bit with the air on but no biggie....THANK YOU CFM!

Matt

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no it was cake we had to move the motor back and forth in order to get the transmission side to line up took...what 15 minutes max :)

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Sweet. I'm looking at grabbing one, but I've heard installation is a nightmare.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
COOL! im excited. i just won one on their facebook giveaway

·
Registered
383 Posts
for me the install was a huge pita. and i had to use a ratchet strap to pull the mount on to the bushing. and ended up having to take the mount off to get the bolt lined up and snugged. but i do like it alot. and like you said its a little more vibration. but down shifting (and rev matching) is super smooth.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did notice more vibration on startup, you defiently hear and feel the ac cycling more now, its got a lil vibration off idle and comming down from speed you can feel ot in the car bit its not bad. It's not like solid motor mounts, also I noticed I'm not getting any more shifted movement in my hand.....while the stock rubber tq mount was in there I did notice movement while letting off and applying the gas. Yea we hqd to use a big Effin prybar to get the holes to line up. She feels quicker in all gears now too I guess because I am not getting the movement I had with the stock mount.....us 2nd gen guys if you are thinking about doing it trust me its worth it...if your willing to sacrifice a lil but of comfort for performance. Also of you guys have access to a lift I advise to.do it that way. So there you have it from the mouth of the lion defiently do this mod!

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
2 questions: (not sure if you can answer the second one)

1. pictures?

2. cfm offers a street edition. any idea how that feels? or am i better off with the race

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey moe I dont know if you'd like the race version or not, I love it because the vibebrations dont bother me at all. It's all a matter of taste, I mean you get virtually no movement with the race version and like I said you feel more power getting to the ground.

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
o its not me who wont mind, its my dad [:D] i feel like he'll be the first to notice the vibrations

1 - 13 of 13 Posts