Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Clean install.. I have a JVC AVX DD in my focus. I noticed your Top center console is stuck at FORD FOCUS? Does it still dispay the temp? Mine states DVD...

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I posted this in car audio but as might as well post it here too the unit refuses to play ipod video I get audio but no video...I was having the same problem with the dvd player but that was only cause I had display on and that overrides the video so I fixed that problem.

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
yeah that looks killer. nice install, factory looking.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Looks great man! I have been wanting to do the exact same thing for a while now. Were you able to keep SYNC? The only reason I havent done this yet is because I really dont want to loose SYNC.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Looks great, I have the exact same one in my '10, my dash plate is a little different though, mine has the contour line going straight across. Your going to love that unit, I know I do.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
forgot, its going to scare the crap out of you the first time you get a phone call, so friggin loud!!!

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Looks great man! I have been wanting to do the exact same thing for a while now. Were you able to keep SYNC? The only reason I havent done this yet is because I really dont want to loose SYNC.
I believe you will lose the SYNC system. But you still do get to keep your steering wheel controls! [woot]

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I wanna get one of those fancy deals in my 08. Just gotta save up the coin.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Did you use an interface adapter harness, or wire them directly into the factory harness?
I used a Scoche FDSR CAN bus stereo adapter harness, it was pricey but plug and play once I connected it to the Pioneer harness.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes I used the axxces piece it hasnt given me any,problems yet except when I unplug the battery for an extended amount of time then the h/u wants to stay on after i turn the ignition off so therefore I have to pull the fuse

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Moved to "Car Audio & Electronics"

·
Registered
299 Posts
It appears he didn't have Sync in his 2010 Focus. If you look at the bottom part of his dash, there is no USB or plate that says Microsoft Sync or anything...if I didn't have the Sync in my car I would have definately already done this. But since I do I'm sticking with the factory HU. It has no problems at all and I can do everything I could with an aftermarket one. I have no need for a DVD so it's ok with me lol.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Exactly I didnt get the sync it's a base se and anything aftermarket in my opinion sounds better then stock even the audiophile sound system, you can push my amps all day long at the better end of 25 volume which is LOUD and not worry about the amps heating up and you loosing any sound :) believe it or not I'm still using my rear stock speakers, and this head unit sounds 20,000 light years better then the old jvc I took out. I had to replace my mounting kit because the old one was shot and all scratched up. I'm happy now I can watch my movies from my ipod all day long LOL!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts