Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to get ahead of a d max at the turnpike and indiantown rd i was in 2nd gear and BAP BAP BAP rev limiter LOL...luckily it didnt do anything to the car :) good ol ford!

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
i hope you heel-toed it.. boy 3rd to 2nd and tach sitting past redline, thats quite a Jerk...

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I hit the 7200 limiter often. No damage to report, in fact I think the little 2.0 likes it.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Haha I abuse my girl and she keeps coming back for more. I like having the Focus and GTI now. The GTI has insane low and mid range power and the Focus has good Top End. Depends on my mood on what I want to drive. Although I have been driving the GTI mostly lately.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I never have any noise from the gears. But is hard to hear over spinning tires. Crappy chinese radials dont grip at all.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it's especially bad under full throttle from the 1st to 2nd gear and it doesnt happen all the time I have no way of knowning when it will happen LOL!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Ah gotta learn to powershift. Sometimes at the track I find that I dont even use the clutch. Yea, I beat my girl HARD!!

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol your proud of your little fofo arent you.....dont worry i love mine too.....hey i wonder who would win in a race me or a 2011 si...hmmm

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I beat an 8th gen before. But sometimes they edge me out. Depends on the driver really.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Yea, I figure I put about 155-165 at the crank now. My car weighs approx. 2650.

An 8th Gen Si has 197 crank HP and weighs like 2877 lbs.

But the factor to be considered is torque. The Honda has 139 lb. ft. and my focus has about say 145-150. That is the big difference.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Double post fail.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
NO THEY DONT.

Oh and I just remembered. My 08 would rev to 7K sometimes when she was stock. Like when I would have it in neutral and floor it. It would go to 7000 then settle to 6500.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts