Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found a zx3 with roughly 60k on it. Pretty much stock, I think I'm gonna buy her tomorrow or Thursday. I'll be trading my sedan in. Any tips for things to look out for, ways i could save money? They want 7k for it, but I've dealt with them before and I think im gonna say " I don't wanna pay a cent above that sticker, even after tax" and hopefully they'll be as cool about it as before. My car Kelly blue books at 5300 ish for trade in. I figure I could probably get a trade in value of 5k cause kbb lies. Lol. Anyways what do you guys say? The zx3 is an 06 2.0 not sure if it's duratec or zetec yet

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
dtec I believe.

7k is too much. 5-6k is more like it

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so they claim I need new tires and new carpet and so they offered 3500, I said can I get 5k if I replace that stuff and they said "yes but it will cost you more to do it yourself" just cause I'm 20 doesn't mean I think new tires cost 2k. But after exploring the car I found out it has no ac. Which I usually don't use it but its nice to have. So I'm gonna stop by the local Ford dealer and see what I can get for trade there. I feel like if my car, with ac and auto everything is worth 3500 to them, why should I give them double that for a car with less options. What do you guys say? Is ac worth it? I think if I can sell mine for 5 I could talk them down to 6 or 5500?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts