Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as it turns out I do have valve stem sensors and not band style......are the valve stems special or are they convential valve stems that can be used?

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok let me ask you this.....if it's got valve stem style tpms sensor they valve stems are supposed to be metal right? because mine are rubber and the dealer is completely confused by vin it says band style but clearly they arent because I had the bad rim thrown out this morning and my friend took the sensor off the valve stem.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
The sensors are attached to a heavy duty "rubber or metal" outer stem. When you get new tires, they outer valve stems are replaced and attached to your existing tpsm sensors. The "rebuild" kit costs about $4 and is nothing more then a valve stem, nut and washer. Its a cheep fix, don't let them tell you otherwise.

Bob

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Ok then, well it sounds like you have everything you need. just getter done!!!!!

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
there rubber, I had problems with my last set of "chrome" ones as I could not get my home air compressor air chuck to fill them. The chrome sleeve was too long and didn't give enough room to use anything other then a screw on air chuck. So for its cheep and easy!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts