Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the "Sport Package" is actually going to be called the "SE EcoBoost Package" and will only be available on SE sedans with 1.0L EcoBoost...

That sucks! I was really looking forward to putting my fiance (soon to be wife) in my new 2014 this fall and getting myself a 2015 SE or Titanium hatch with the 1.0L Ecoboost w/ 6 speed manual set-up and getting the "SE EcoBoost Package" and sunroof like I saw at the auto show...

Ford is making a mistake not offering this appearance option on hatchback models! That kit looked sick on the one on display at the auto show I went to a couple of months back!

On a positive note, other option groups and new goodies seem to be pretty affordable across the board. The 1.0L Ecoboost option being a very cheap add is not a bad deal. I would still really like to see the new motor and appearance goods expanded beyond a single model... Us hatch guys like our sporty looks too! Come on Ford!

[rant][boxface][mad][ohcrap][:(][xx(][slap][scream][mecry][:(!][facepalm][???:)][:(][80?][rolleyes][nono][8][shameful][screwy][bash][?|][thumbd][bawling][V][dunno]

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see it now though... Still only available on sedan. Lame! Us hatch guys want a sport package!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Digging deeper, I see that the Sport Package is available on the SE hatch, but it doesn't show up on the 360 view when added... Thank God it's there! Now I can still look at the 2015 and not be sad. Hallelujah!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My disappointment ultimately lies in false advertising. At the auto show, the "pre-production" model shown was an Ingot Silver hatchback with the Sport Package/SE EcoBoost body kit, 1.0L EcoBoost engine, 6 speed manual transmission, and charcoal leather interior, with a sunroof and reverse sensors.

No matter what I try on the website, I can't make all of these options happen on a single vehicle.

If I want a hatchback with the 1.0L EcoBoost (which requires the 6 speed) with the body kit package I can't have leather interior. The box to check for leather isn't even present on the 1.0 options... If I cave on wanting the 1.0, I have to opt for an automatic on the 2.0 in order to get the sport package which has the body kit and wheels I wanted, but not a manual. Then, if I try to check the box for leather, it wants to remove the sport package.

Basically, the example I saw two months ago was a lie. It teased me. I want the 1.0L EcoBoost (w/ 6 speed manual), SE EcoBoost Package/Sport Package, charcoal leather interior, reverse sensors, and a moon-roof... But alas, it cannot be! Why Ford?! Why?!

·
Registered
180 Posts
My disappointment ultimately lies in false advertising. At the auto show, the "pre-production" model shown was an Ingot Silver hatchback with the Sport Package/SE EcoBoost body kit, 1.0L EcoBoost engine, 6 speed manual transmission, and charcoal leather interior, with a sunroof and reverse sensors.

No matter what I try on the website, I can't make all of these options happen on a single vehicle.

If I want a hatchback with the 1.0L EcoBoost (which requires the 6 speed) with the body kit package I can't have leather interior. The box to check for leather isn't even present on the 1.0 options... If I cave on wanting the 1.0, I have to opt for an automatic on the 2.0 in order to get the sport package which has the body kit and wheels I wanted, but not a manual. Then, if I try to check the box for leather, it wants to remove the sport package.

Basically, the example I saw two months ago was a lie. It teased me. I want the 1.0L EcoBoost (w/ 6 speed manual), SE EcoBoost Package/Sport Package, charcoal leather interior, reverse sensors, and a moon-roof... But alas, it cannot be! Why Ford?! Why?!
Not sure it is really 'false adverteasing' if the configurator is not really online yet. The moonroof doesn't show up when you select it, the interior colors are messed up, etc.

The SE 2.0L Auto has the 'Sport Package' on both sedan and hatch. The 1.0L 'Ecoboost Package' is there as well on both. What is missing is the 2.0L MT5 package. No Sport Package for those :(

Once it is mainstream we'll see what additional adjustments have been made.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just hit the 2015 configurator and was able to do a 2L MT5 with sport appearance, moonroof and navigation without issue. No, the leather interior doesn't show in the images, but it does configure.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The appearance package does not appear to have the bodywork stuff of the Sport or Ecoboost packages. It does have foglights and rear disc brakes though.

On the Titanium side, I did not see a package that includes rear disc brakes yet.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
The appearance package does not appear to have the bodywork stuff of the Sport or Ecoboost packages. It does have foglights and rear disc brakes though.

On the Titanium side, I did not see a package that includes rear disc brakes yet.
The Titanium comes standard with the rear disk brakes, hence the lack of a separate package to include them.

The SEL and Titanium came standard with four wheel disk brakes since 2012.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The Titanium comes standard with the rear disk brakes, hence the lack of a separate package to include them.

The SEL and Titanium came standard with four wheel disk brakes since 2012.
I hope that is the case for 2015. When you run the Build & Price and read the Summary page it says standard front disc brakes and rear drums for the Titanium. Maybe nothing has changed and the configuration tool just needs to be updated....

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
I hope that is the case for 2015. When you run the Build & Price and read the Summary page it says standard front disc brakes and rear drums for the Titanium. Maybe nothing has changed and the configuration tool just needs to be updated....

The configuration is describing a Focus S since it also mentions 195/65/R15 tire and steel wheels.

2015 Focus S 100 level is a dead ringer for the listed performance information.

The 2014 300A level text is correct which mentions 4-wheel disk anti-lock brake system.
The 2015 configuration is incorrect and is not final. You can tell it's not final based on the errors in the listings for each trim level, plus the fact that it's still hidden under the future vehicles tab in the build and price tool.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts