Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It was going to happen eventually.
I bought a new ride.
Monday I bought a 2015 Ford Edge SPORT with the 2.7L Ecoboost.
So far, it's an unbelievable and plush ride. [woot]
I'm a 50 year old Grandpa who used to commute 750 miles a week with a bad back and hip (herniated L5 and L6 plus pulled and torn hip flexors).
Last September I moved to a new company less than half the distance. It was time to upgrade.
The Focus has been GREAT to me and my family. It has served well. I would love to keep it but the wife insists I sell it (I would love to hand it off to a fellow enthusiast, interested parties please PM me). I hope the Edge serves us as well, only 24K miles. I feel like I should do a few mods. Right now SCT doesn't support the Edge at all (I wanted Tom to tune her.) so I may have to go with Livernois Motorsports. If so I will let the tune and device go with the Focus.
Here she is...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Looks like a great ride! Can't say I would want one but at least it looks pretty decent SUV. Just one curious question though why didn't you choose the Titanium or even the ST trim?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Great choice in motors as you won't have w/p issues......& no Ford did not upgrade the seals in any versions of the 3.5 w/p's.......

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just one curious question though why didn't you choose the Titanium or even the ST trim?
This was a deal I couldn't pass up. It was a 1 Owner, lease return with 24K. A lady bought it and brought it right back because it was too big for her. She put 7 miles on it. SEVEN! She paid the tags and now its a TWO OWNER LOL! So I got it for 25K.
I was shopping for an F150 for a long time but I would have had to have a LOT more miles on it to get one at that price. I found a dependable Coyote powered 2015 but by the time I was ready to pull the trigger it was gone. Hung around the F150 forums and they all said stay away from high mileage Ecoboost F150s.
Anyway, she runs like a raped ape and I can fit my rifles in the back when I go to the range plus take my buddies along. This edge checked all the boxes for my requirements. [cheers] Oh and have you priced an ST? [mecry]

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
That’s a bummer to hear about the F-150 Coyotee being so difficult to find. I was hoping to pick one up in the next year or two.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Very nice SUV sir, congrats! I’ve always liked the Edge & Escape. Both are very nice riding SUVs but both still small enough to zip around town in. As much as I love the Focus ST & RS, getting in & out of an SUV is so much easier on the body & back, especially as we all get older.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
549 Posts
Nice purchase. Nice find.

I like my 17 Edge SEL more than I thought I would. It has the 2.0 Eco in it and moves spretty good so I can imagine what the 2.7 is like. I would have looked at the Sports myself if they came with a tow package but they do not.

The Edge and homemade 5x7 trailer seem to be a good compromise that has replaced my 07 Ranger. The f150 was just out of reach when I was looking to replace the Ranger.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah same here, I just could justify dropping that much coin on an F150 and not getting as much for it. After a week of driving the Edge I love it. So does my back and hip. Also, with heat in the triple digits now I sure do appreciate the cooled seats!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I thought I would post an update.
The Focus sold to my step-son's brother-in-law.
Young kid who learned how to drive a manual to buy the car.[woot]
He's an enthusiast and part of a group of guys with cars hot rodding around town. I gave him all of the accessories including the X4 and Tom's tunes.
I have also promised to fully support him with any needs that may arise.
I modded the Edge as I had planned. Installed H&R progressive/lowering springs. TSW Nurburgring Wheels and tint on the side windows.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts