Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning, I hit a dog in my SVT. [mecry] [mecry]

Front end is pretty messed up. Broke the bumper and I had coolant leaking all over the place. I don't know what all of the damage includes but I would like to know where I can get replacement parts. I think I'll be needing some real soon.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Rock Auto, Theres a focus part facebook page. The coolant leak is most likely directly related to the radiator which could ahve been damaged in the incident.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rock Auto, Theres a focus part facebook page. The coolant leak is most likely directly related to the radiator which could ahve been damaged in the incident.
Yeah, radiator took the main hit. The shop didn't get to looking at the car until early afternoon so I don't have a damage report just yet...but based on my limited knowledge of car mechanics....front bumper is pretty "broke" and so is the radiator.

Really hoping that insurance doesn't total it. It's an amazing car and it could be fixed.

hows the dogs condition?
Stone dead. Instantly.

The hardest part was knocking on the family's door to walk into a room full of toddlers. Luckily it wasn't really their dog. Just was a stray that showed up one day and hung around.

I probably would've cried with those kids if it was a family dog...but my family has known that family for years and they weren't at all too worried about it. Didn't even phase the kids. One of them even wanted to play. [dunno]

After I charge my phone up a bit, I'll see about posting a picture of my front end. I didn't get a really good one, but it gets the point across.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great news! The car turns out to NOT be totaled. Insurance is going to fix it however they probably won't have an SVT bumper to put on there. I'll have the bumper of a basic Focus but as long as I have my car back I'm good with it.

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Great news! The car turns out to NOT be totaled. Insurance is going to fix it however they probably won't have an SVT bumper to put on there. I'll have the bumper of a basic Focus but as long as I have my car back I'm good with it.
Argue like hell for the front bumper. Failing to replace it with a factory bumper will reduce the resale value of the car substantially.

Any decent body-shop is hooked up to a parts hotline and should be able to find you a replacement bumper/grille/etc for the SVT without any problems. If they tell you otherwise, then they are lying, or a terrible shop.

Don't let the insurance company or body shop take you for a ride.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Argue like hell for the front bumper. Failing to replace it with a factory bumper will reduce the resale value of the car substantially.

Any decent body-shop is hooked up to a parts hotline and should be able to find you a replacement bumper/grille/etc for the SVT without any problems. If they tell you otherwise, then they are lying, or a terrible shop.

Don't let the insurance company or body shop take you for a ride.
The guy who is working on it is "trying everything" he can to get an SVT front bumper. I trust him. I live in a real small community and i've sat behind his family in church ever since I can remember. I know he'll do a good job.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Get the svt front bumper for sure,,,, Sorry you hit that dog.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I tried and tried and there were no available SVT bumpers.

I did, however, find a similar looking one from Duraflex. I was also able to find a manifold from a guy here locally who parted out his SVT years ago. He's also trying to sell me a Magnaflow muffler and a Megan Racing exhaust.

Does anybody know anything about these two exhaust parts and/or what they might sound like?

He's asking 100$ for the both of them so I figure it may be a cheaper way to get a nice sounding exhaust.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Invest the hundred bucks toward the front bumper

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well the thing of it is...I don't have the 100$ to spend yet and there are no SVT front bumper covers anywhere. I used all the websites you guys recommended, eBay, etc.

The only one I ever found was in Oregon and it was not a verified seller and the guy did not get back to me.

Insurance is paying and it was either an aftermarket bumper or a stock Focus bumper. I had been looking at body kits anyway...so I'm happy with it. I have no other vehicle and I need to get it back on the road.

As far as resale goes, my car is a salvage title anyway. Zero resale value for a 3rd owner.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Then I'd look at a aftermarket bumper. Have you checked out Andysautosport ?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Then I'd look at a aftermarket bumper. Have you checked out Andysautosport ?
I probably have. I've been all over all kinds of auto parts websites in the past month.

i know its not genuine svt but get a sap front bumper they are pretty nice
I was pretty rushed into the decision since I've been without a car for something like 3 weeks. I gave the phone number and part number to my mechanic to order THIS

It looks similar and it's not too expensive. I like the look of it and the fact that I can keep my fogs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts