Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some ass hat slammed into the car behind me at 3:30AM while I was parked on the street last night. And then left the scene before I could get outside..... This was not what I wanted to be my next project...

Assessing the damages in the daylight, it's not awful, just unfortunate that it happened. This is my baby!

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,109 Posts
Hope it didn't puncture your radiator or anything like that. Not a cheap fix either. Probably some dude had a few too many seeing as its late at night.

At least leave a number or something.

He caught the side pretty good too...

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
So what are the first 3 pictures of? I'm confused. Security camera or something?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First three pics are phone-in-low-light quality, as are the ones here.

I think it was an intentional hit on the car behind me - the guy left the car running and everything, destroyed the car he was in and did a good job on the mercedes behind me. Looks like it's just bumper and back quarterpanel on me, radiator is intact.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Wow so he rammed the merc behind you and sandwiched you between the merc and the pickup in front? That's pretty solid hit.

Then he bailed on foot and left the running car behind? Brilliant...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maryland Plates? You military?
No, not military. I lived in Baltimore when I bought the car and have since moved to NY. Just haven't switched the plates yet..... Over a year later..... Oops.... It's on the to-do list.

Man, that guy must have been somewhere else. Just to straight out leave the car on.
Wow so he rammed the merc behind you and sandwiched you between the merc and the pickup in front? That's pretty solid hit.

Then he bailed on foot and left the running car behind? Brilliant...
Yeah... It was probably intentionally done with a stolen car - keys weren't in the ignition. My landlord thinks the guy across the street (who owns the mercedes) had some beef with someone who wanted to trash his car, and I got caught in the middle of it. Still waiting for the police report.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
No, not military. I lived in Baltimore when I bought the car and have since moved to NY. Just haven't switched the plates yet..... Over a year later..... Oops.... It's on the to-do list.

Yeah... It was probably intentionally done with a stolen car - keys weren't in the ignition. My landlord thinks the guy across the street (who owns the mercedes) had some beef with someone who wanted to trash his car, and I got caught in the middle of it. Still waiting for the police report.
Well, something you learned today, always park in your driveway [driving]

·
Registered
182 Posts
I got hit from behind twice while in traffic, once rather softly, and once a bit hard but there was no damage to the rear bumper, gotta say the body work of the focus is rather sturdy ?.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Might not be intentional. These idiots drive drunk, high and stupid with no license, no insurance and priors to the point that they know they are going straight to jail when the cop gets there. So they bail. Sucks that it happened, hopefully the fool left more then enough evidence to track them down.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Any update on the hit and run?
No updates so far. Still waiting for the police report to be filed. My insurance company did an estimate, but I'm not having it fixed if I have to pay for it - my deductible is too high to justify it for that little damage.

Might not be intentional. These idiots drive drunk, high and stupid with no license, no insurance and priors to the point that they know they are going straight to jail when the cop gets there. So they bail. Sucks that it happened, hopefully the fool left more then enough evidence to track them down.
I thought the same thing, but the guy jumped into another car that was trailing him and the car looked like it had been stolen - no keys in the ignition, lower dash was pulled apart. And he hit it pretty squarely, he didn't swipe it. AND the guy didn't leave on foot, he had an accomplice in another car. Feels intentional. Normally I give them the benefit of the doubt, but not in my neighborhood.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Usually, at least in my state, when they cant charge anyone you dont get charged a deductible. When i got sideswiped in a parking lot a few years back i didnt have to pay anything.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Usually, at least in my state, when they cant charge anyone you dont get charged a deductible. When i got sideswiped in a parking lot a few years back i didnt have to pay anything.
That's would be nice but my insurance company has already sent me an estimate with my deductible taken out of the total - they're not gonna just eat the cost of repairs this time.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts