Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... It's been a little while since I've been on here. Sad to say that due to financial reasons I had to sell my 2000 white zx3, but it helped my sister and me out. But needless to say, I miss it terribly. But I am able to start looking for another one. I miss the fofo! [ffrocks]

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I found this focus on cl. But it has a rebuilt title, the guy said the wreck messed up the front bumper cover fender and strut.. That's really all he said about the wreck. Does anyone have any advice about buying a car with a rebuilt title?

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
dont buy a car with a rebuilt title end of story. i know a guy that has a rebuilt title for his truck and his frame is still bent. kinda looks like a v way less of an angle behind the cab but still enough to notice and he got a rebuilt title and didnt have to fix it.

so moral of the story is the people that give out rebuilt titles dont check it that hard. so it could still be screwed you may never know until later down the road. hope this helps

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
It's hard to say with rebuilt titles. You need t know the real reason why and whether you trust the person telling you. A car can have that title for just being vandalized, interior cut up or something. It's not always a bent frame. However, these cars almost always go trough auctions, and the reason why is that no reason has to be given for the rebuilt title. So even if the person tells you why, it's still a crap shoot whether that's the real reason. I have junked cars just because I didn't want to pay the taxes anymore, and if that junkyard cleans it up and re-titles it, well that's a rebuilt title, and there could be nothing wrong with it other than cleaning or fixing up.

I'd steer clear unless you know the facts, checking carfax might help, if you know someone who can do it for free. A bent frame can be determined, but it will cost you. Oddly enough, most rebuilt titled cars always look fantastic, which may indicate they had a lot of work. Caveat emptor - buyer beware!

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
U need to have the car checked out by someone who knows their stuff and someone u trust

·
Super Moderator
9,527 Posts
If you happen to look at this be sure you take it to a reputable body shop/mechanic to have it mechanically and physically inspected. I have bought two salvaged cars in the past and did not have any problems. As someone said some salvage vehicles could be as simple as a small fender bender all the way up to flood damage. You just have to find a way to figure it out. Find someone that can do a carfax check for you or get the vehicle history to find out why it was salvaged.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice. I believe I'm going to steer clear of it. Going thursday or friday to look at another one. But thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well.. I found a focus that I liked. and well... here it is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts