Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dave, mike.

I just found out through a few sources that these control arms and trailing arm are slightly different on the 05 then they are for the previous years, which means i cant get the stuff off focus salvage. Ill have to buy everything new. Thats going to be extremely expensive im sure. If anyone can proove this wrong please give input. Cause this is a big problem since my car is fully out of commision.

later
Jake

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well new ford parts. $180 for everything but the crossmember and drum, and bearings.

If the crossmember got screwed thats abother $280.

looks like i have to get a bus pass.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
What did you do to the car anyway, go 4-wheelin'?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no, long story. slid into a curb

also found the wheel, 1 place has them still, $189 shipped. The tire seems to be ok, it holds pressure fine, but the tread is a little worn now

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Ouch! Good luck with it!

·
Capital Obvious
2,562 Posts
well I'll be out thgere tomorrow around 1pm to help you take a look at it ti see what exactly is bent. I'm thinking lower control arm. I would think the bearing is still in good shape. I'll see ya tomorrow . We'll get it fixed.

·
Registered
471 Posts
It's Sunday night and this is the first time I was able to go online all weekend... what happened this weekend? What did you find out? Give me a call when you need help or whatever. I still feel guilty

·
Registered
532 Posts
If you need a hand with anything let me know!

What on earth did you do?

And if you need a lift to work and back or something for the time being, let me know. Its no sweat.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ALL BETTER!

But for the two of you who didnt make it last night you wont know why its all better.

Mike dont feel bad seriously, it was a mistake. No ones fault

1 - 9 of 9 Posts