Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was on my way out of circuit city here in taunton. i turned right and goosed the throttle. i passed a sunfire and heard a hissing noise and thought it was him and when i got to the lights up ahead i stopped and still heard the hissing noise and saw smoke come foward. i pulled over and realized that the rubber hose that rests kinda behind the lower radiator support on the passenger side was cut. almost as to say i bottomed out.
i came to the conclusion that it must have been when i was replacing my motor mount last weekend and pulled the car off the ramps.
i never thought something like this would happen and now i have to find out what the part name is an buy a new one. put it in and then go to a shop so that they can evac the whole system and then re-fill it.
happy friggen labor day. lol

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
Why do you have to go to a shop? Cant you just go to a autopart store and get a couple recharge cans?

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
they only cost a couple bucks. and if you need help figuring out how to recharge it ill walk you thru it. i gotta do it once every 2 weeks if i want a/c.

·
Registered
305 Posts
He will need more than just a couple of cans. To get the system to properly function after the line is replaced it needs to be pulled into a vacuum for a while to get the moisture out of the system.....Then you can put in the cans...good luck with it.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^^^thank you.
yes after there has been a leak in the system, due to it being a sealed system you have to fix fix the leak, then suck all of the air out of the system, and then recharge it.
as for shops, you wont reall be able to find a shop that will put the machine on but not add freeon. thats where they make all of there money.
i just wish i didnt have to spend the cash. i try to save for a house and look what happens, lol
it all started with having to put our dog in a wheelchair and the bills have never stopped.
i guess when it rains it pours

1 - 6 of 6 Posts