Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KYB's front and rear, and i have a steeda rear sway bar on the way, which i think i should have not order it.

well any ways i put a sad face because i just spend $300 bucks.

i'll kip you guys updated, i order them from ebay, i hope everything goes well. i might have to get diff springs i think the tein s tech are too low for them, i dont want to kill my struts again. or should i just kip them?

any coments?

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
y2kpedo said:
KYB's front and rear, and i have a steeda rear sway bar on the way, which i think i should have not order it.

well any ways i put a sad face because i just spend $300 bucks.

i'll kip you guys updated, i order them from ebay, i hope everything goes well. i might have to get diff springs i think the tein s tech are too low for them, i dont want to kill my struts again. or should i just kip them?

any coments?
1) you will not blow those kyb AGX's... I run a 2" drop as well on sprint springs... for the last year and a half and 25,000 miles.

2) you will not be sad you spent $300 once those agx's are on the car.

3) Might want to consider H&R race springs to compliment the new sway bar...

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes i have the stock ones, which i think they are the SVT's shocks/struts.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
^Yup. The stock ones on the ST are the same as the SVT's[:)]

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i got traking numbers for both now, they are on the way. i highly recomend buying from CFM, new edge, and ebay screen name JDMWERKS. they do shipping in less than 24hrs.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my tein S tech springs are on sale now for 80 bucks shipped!! im getting the HR race springs too!!

[woot]

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just an update. i installed the Steeda 28.5mm rear sway bar, and wow. i though i was going have a lot of over steer but its perfect. i guess the tein S tech springs work good enough with the steeda sway.

all the usual corners are way more fun to take, because i feel all 4 tires screaming, its perfect, i just need sticky tires which they are on the way too!!!

also i noticed that i can come out of the corners a lot faster. my front tires grip more too. i just cant say enough.

one thing i have to say is that is huge, i did not think it was going to be that scary. i had to use the brakets and bushing that came with the kit, i could not use the stock ones because the steeda bushing was way to lose on stock bracket, so the kit worked good.

also i had energy suspension bushings and it worked great at the endlinks.

my car is way much fun to drive now. im just waiting on my KYB's to work around the setting to get the perfect set up. or at least my perfect set up

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
*update*

i got my KYB's [headbang] , and wow they make a hell of a diff, i have them right now at 2 F and 6 on the rear, but im gonna have to lower them down because my car is a bit to stiff for daily drive.

my tein s tech, stock front sway, rear steeda race sway, kyb's agx make a great combination. i took my for run up on the mountains and wow, seriously though, the 28.5mm sway bar may not be the best for street and for autocross, perhaps is way to over kill for most people, but it is not dengerous at all.

the installation was very smooth took me like 2.5hrs to do it, and i did take my time.

WD40, did you install that blue plastic that sits on inside of the stock front strut? or does any one know the anser to this?

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
Sweet, you did all four yourself in 2.5 hrs, lol.........did you use a spring compressor yourself or what, damn. It took me 7.5 hrs to switch my springs myself.

I also ordered from "ebay screen name JDMWERKS. they do shipping in less than 24hrs." I got a tracking number in 13 hrs after ordering, on the weekend. Nice.

I hope to have them installed Friday. Can't wait, I am tired of bouncing. BTW, I have 1.8" Progress Springs on stock dampers. Its fine on smooth roads, but cue the dips, and my car turns into a hungry hungry hippo.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes i did it my self, in like 2.5hrs, i did not use the spring compressor because tein s tech are too short. ive done this installation3 times on 2 diff focus so im familiar with it.

and yes he does very fast shipping, i also got a traking number the same day.

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
hmmmmm, you have 2" springs and I have 1.8".....I might not need the compressor either......hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Thanks for that bit of info.

Although, I think one of my strut bearings was overtorqued and may need replacing.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts