Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2006 ST has 17000 miles on it and the dam exhaust has a leak around the muffler and makes a ping noise when i rev it up. (makes it sound like a honda) but anyway i think i am going to get me a trubendz 2.5 exhaust. ant st with sap owners have this exhaust[dunno]

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i could but i dnt feel like messing with that. i always wanted to get an exhaust for my car but with it not having a s many miles on it i figured no need to but now it has that leak.

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
The 2.5" trubendz borla sounds amazing on St's. I heard one at focus fest.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
crap now i have to debate borla or magnaflow

And onw of my brothers have a mbrp and well i dnt want to be like his even though its a z tec

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Magnaflow all the way with a resonator to keep the rice out!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have a 2.5 Trubendz without the HFC. I love the way it sounds. But almost everyone that has one says they had problems with the install. But mine installed perfect. If you have the SAP on your ST you can tell Trubendz and they will modify it to fit.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
I know the 3" kits you have to weld the hangers on when you install because of the pipe being 3"

Reactions: K26

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i know that because i actually read about them on trubendz.com. it sucls how you have to weld the 3' on. and i really want to get stainless steel.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
have you verified the leak? as the stock muffler does actually have a hole in it from the factory for the water to drain out, and you could be hearing the noise from the hole.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i havent had a good look at it but i can tell by looking at the heat shield by the exhaust has carbon build up. and plus it crackles a lot more than ever

·
1.0 Powa
2,906 Posts
im learning how to weld in school. if you get the 3'', i could weld it on there for you. once i get good of course.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im learning how to weld in school. if you get the 3'', i could weld it on there for you. once i get good of course.
well you are going to have to practice a lot then. i can weld pretty good with the mig welder!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i will and i am only going to get the 2.5 i dnt need a 3'

1 - 20 of 21 Posts