Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And let me tell you it Is bad ass! Only problem is my hand hits my e brake every now and again but seriously the difference Is like night and day.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
ghey, really its ghey. Naw looks cool. How is banging gears with it now?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
That looks like fun to shift. If you're talking about getting the shifter boot up nearer the shifter, I might have a solution for you. If you take the Hurst shifter off and get the shift boot up out of the console and loose, you can then take a plastic milk cap or something equivalent, bore a hole through the center a little smaller than the shift rod diameter (so it's tight but still moveable), and then thread/push the milk cap down onto the rod. Then you put the boot back in place and you can manipulate the milk cap or whatever on the rod so it holds the top of the boot up where you want it. Did this with mine and it worked surprisingly well for how easy it was.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok can you post a pic? and hell yes it's fun but like i posted in my 1st post my hand hits the e brake every now and again :)

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Looks good, just pull the boot up and put a zip-tie around the inside of the boot, problem solved.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Looks good, just pull the boot up and put a zip-tie around the inside of the boot, problem solved.
Thats how i did it.

BTW hurst shifter looks... Different...

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I just noticed the Gatorade bottle, I always have one in my car.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks jay and this thing effing rocks....but it's like i keep posting my thumb keeps hitting the e brake :O/ comming back to 2nd.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I think most of us 2nd gen guys are either in the service or once were, haha.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Hooaaahhh

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
yep, Marine here.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts