Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im having an issue with the energy poly front control arm bushings. 4 years ago i installed the front control arm bushings as per the instructions, the front bushing just presses in, the rear(after burning off the old rubber bushing) required cutting off a metal sleeve that was left there from the old OE bushing that was pressed on. skip ahead to yesterday, take off the control arm, replace the front bushing with no issues, burn out the rear from the bracket that mounts to the subframe, press in the new bushing...again no issues. i attempt to put the control arm into the bushing and the diameter of the center hole of the bushing is too big. im guessing that over the last few years they "updated" the bushing so cutting this sleeve is no longer required....would have been nice to know before burning the old bushing...wondering if anyone has encountered this problem, if so is there a fix without replacing the control arm. i checked the part numbers for the kit that i have and everything looks to be right.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Don't forget to update us on what you find out if you do call so others don't run into the same problem. I do know that the difference between the Prothane and the Energy suspension bushings is that metal sleeve. But now what you describe is that they are like Prothane bushings now.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
That's what I found in '09 w/ the energy bushings too. No need to use inserts is what the directions say. Ended up passing in bushing the oem arms & went w/ CFM arms instead.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its so weird, i even went on the energy site to double check the directions and it says to cut this sleeve off...ill keep you posted on what happens...

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Its so weird, i even went on the energy site to double check the directions and it says to cut this sleeve off...ill keep you posted on what happens...
Could be those are a old directions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts