Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for new cars and thought i should get a svt focus.

I am thinking heres what my first mods will be.

intake
exhaust
tb
tune
and either a orp or high flow cat

what kind of power will this put me at the wheels

then im thinking 75 shot

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so your tellin me that i will only gain 15 hp at the crank

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
[ohcrap] [ohcrap] [ohcrap]
damn i want that tom

·
/fail
3,193 Posts
1turbofocus said:
I have my Turbocharged SVT for sale 326/331 at the wheels $16,800.00

Tom
Hey do you have anymore information on it? Send me a PM or something Tom. Im interested in it..........thanks Tom

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
This has been argued before, but I think the cat-back exhaust mod is a waste of time and money on the SVT because it comes with factory mandrel bent tubing all the way back...which is the whole purpose of getting "cat-back" exhaust.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Oh, that's not fair............

A full car built from the MAN himself........

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
were not worthy, were not worthy..!!!!!!, but yea this has been very popular discussion topic lately, search it! Over on the jet i was bitching about how little power my car was making, and some huge sponsor chimed in on how much power each mod makes, and trust me when i tell you it very frustrating. i say air intake, udp,orp(with stock exhaust), and dyno tune by tom. everything else is BS

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Hey tom, can you send some info about it my way? Maybe a couple pictures I am interested thanks.

It sounds like a good plan but like the other guy said its wont give you much but it is a great start.

Logan

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Don't waste your time or money on a cat-back for the SVTF, you might gain 1 HP. LOL The TB has been discussed a lot, people seem to like that mod despite the fact it yeilds very little HP gain. I would say as far as bolt-ons go with a CAI, UDP, R/T Cat, Exhaust cam gear, STS, Lower tranny mount, and a tune.

·
FF Affiliate
30,925 Posts
svtguy21 said:
were not worthy, were not worthy..!!!!!!, but yea this has been very popular discussion topic lately, search it! Over on the jet i was bitching about how little power my car was making, and some huge sponsor chimed in on how much power each mod makes, and trust me when i tell you it very frustrating. i say air intake, udp,orp(with stock exhaust), and dyno tune by tom. everything else is BS
Most Co are out there to sell parts regardless if they make any power or not thats why i dont carry a lot of the things for sale others do , if it does not make any power why spend the money to put it on the car , wouldnt it be nice if all Co were that way

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
30,925 Posts
Logan175 said:
Hey tom, can you send some info about it my way? Maybe a couple pictures I am interested thanks.

It sounds like a good plan but like the other guy said its wont give you much but it is a great start.

Logan
I am selling my Black 02 SVT Turbocharged to move on to a 05 Dura. Focus The SVT is in good condition with about 15,000.00 on boltons

focus-power Turbo kit (blow through meter)
Quaife LSD
Clutchmasters STG4 Clutch
3 Inch Exh
Auto meter Boost gauge
Autometer Nitrous Psi gauge
Nitrous kit
WRC Wing
Turbo hood
Aftermarked head lights and tail lights
Aftermarket Gas door chrome
2 new SVT wheels for race tires
Fidenza Fly
Diablo Predator
Type-S BOV
GReedy Profect-B boost controller
Powder coated valve cover Red

And much much more

Tom

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
As far as my ass dyno could tell, my intake was a waste of money. It felt the same as when I removed the silencer thing from the stock intake box. So I'd say get a orp, throttle body (as said, not a big horsepower gain, but definetly a good mod) and a tune and then you'll have some more fun.

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
Skip the cat-back and skip the cam gears. I would go with a high-flow cat over the ORP, but that's personal preference. The difference is maybe 1 or 2 hp between them. Go with a cool air intake as they show good gains and sound awesome, and pair it with a throttle body. Get a tune from Tom and you're set.

Nitrous is a whole different animal. I'd ask in the FI forum.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Heres what i have on my engine right now, and I have no regrets.

AEM CAI, MSD Blaster Coil w/8mm wires, All around VF engineering motor mounts, ORP, hks catback, short shifter, and tune from Wayne at Hypnotic Illusions Automotive. Waynes a good guy, he has dissappeared again though..anybody heard from Wayne? that catback added probably no power at all, but i like it anyways, and if you plan to go turbo, exhaust will help in the long run, as i am building my own turbo kit. but anyways, everything i have done to my car has made it extremely fun and exciting to drive. big improvement from stock. every little bit helps.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts