Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a question on my 02 svtf.
My idle sticks at 2k when coming to a stop at a light. Then after a few seconds it drops to 1k then to 900. And ideas?

·
FF Affiliate
30,872 Posts
Check for a Vac leak , then clean your IACV , if you have installed a new TB the idle may need to be adjusted but you CANNOT just set the idle screw

Tom

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tunning for bigger tires

So im trying to make a really minor off road focus im keeping the stock power train and everything stock im just going to put mudding tires on it what kind of tune can I use to reprogram the ecu for bigger tires so I don't ruin my trans please help

·
FF Affiliate
30,872 Posts
You would need a tune for that and aia can help you with the tire size change as well as more performance , if your a ATX also help with the trans psi and shift points

Tom

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
"aia" is a typo, he was saying "and i can help you".

The Flasher is also a scan tool & logging device, but a scan tool can't load a tune (more limited tool).

You need the tuning from a tuner like Tom to go with the tool, more expensive to buy the capability to do some tuning yourself plus spend the time to learn how & experiment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tom would you be willing to help me with the tunning I have no idea where to even start looking for runners that can do tires I don't really need for hp would be a nice bonus but not really a big deal I just don't want to mess up my trans within a couple of weeks of driving the car my plan is to strip the inside and put some soacers/conversion from 4x108 to some 5x114.3 and cut the finders to be able to fit some mud tires on im not sure what size tires yet

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have two MK3s, a 2012 Gray Hatchback SEL and a 2014 Gray Hatchback Titanium. The 2012, I put the Roush CAI on it and had an FSWerks cat back stealth exhaust installed for the sweet sound. The 2014, I have not yet touched, but I am looking at the K&N 57 or 69 CAI, but maybe the Ford Racing axle back muffler. MPG is of interest here. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there. Tom are you still doing tunes? I am interested in getting a custom tune for my '14 Titanium. Wanting better throttle response. Will the tune also help with the shuttering on slow starts? Thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a tune from Tom on my 14 Titanium. Yes he still tunes, yes it will help shuddering, yes it will help throttle response, maybe help MPG depending on how you drive

·
Registered
14 Posts
Currently have Pedal Commander and Considering Tuner kit

Hello Everyone,

I currently have Pedal Commander installed and I am considering getting a Tuner Kit from Focus-Power. If get the the Tuner from Focus-Power should I remove the Pedal Commander?

Vehicle details at the moment:
2013 Focus SE, with Automatic, K&N 69 Series Typhoon Air Intake, OEM 2.3L Throttle Body and Pedal Commander. 52k on the clock.

·
FF Affiliate
30,872 Posts
What I would do is do my Custom Tune with out the commander then when were finished plug it back in , 95% of the people when they hook it back up cant tell its doing anything and sell it

Tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
You would need a tune for that and aia can help you with the tire size change as well as more performance , if your a ATX also help with the trans psi and shift points

Tom
I put headers on an new exhaust an intake an was wonder about a tune

61 - 80 of 91 Posts