Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
I'm going to be attempting a turbo project on my Zetec MTX very soon. Is there a difference between flashing an ECU and purchasing this custom SCT software? Is it the same thing? Or which one is better for a turbo project?

·
FF Affiliate
30,872 Posts
I can tune you car remote or you can come to my dyno in Belmont for a Dyno tune

The Pro Racer Software allows you to tune the car your self , The xcal3 is the tool used to load the tune to your car and to datalog

Tom

·
Registered
40 Posts
OK, Tom post your dynos phone number and I'll give you a call. I'm in lincolnton, NC.
Have a zetec/auto swaped se wagon and need to get the best mpg from stop to 30mph, wife delivers mail and it is redickuless to get only 9-12 mpg!

R

·
0 Posts
Hi! I’ve just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ford claims that the 2008 Focus has better MPG than the 2007 with the same engine. Wondering if they have upgraded the ECU "Grannie tune" to something with a little more spunk and MPG capability for the 2008 Focus. [dunno]

·
Registered
716 Posts
Yes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 02 ZX3 with CAI, 8.5mm wires, MSD coil, 2.5" straight pipe/cherry bomb glasspack no tip, I use 89 octane only on my car. I bought this intake blower fan that works very well(1-3 psi forced into CAI). I want to get my ECU tuned but unsure about the differences about getting my ECU tuned versus getting a piggyback/standalone unit. In the long run/short run which of these tuning methods would be good for all around driving?(daily driving, weekend racing, drag racing, etc.)

Not very much info provided online for the differences especially spending wise for each of the differet types of tuning.

Please send me an email to [email protected] if your able to tune/flash my ECU for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
9 Posts
[facepalm]

For the record, those don't work.
FOR THE RECORD UNLESS YOU HAVE WHAT I BOUGHT IT DOES WORK DRASTICALLY. Not only do I have gain in throttle response but also horsepower. I dont need a dyno to know how my own car runs/works.

You have your opinion, I have my opinion. Im not tellimg people to buy the blower item I bought, im asking a tuning question, I was under the impression this forum was for asking questions not debates?

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
lolz....okay. [:)~]

Well, for tuning, your best option is to talk to Tom (1turbofocus). He can get you set up, and will probably end up chiming in here eventually.

That being said, your best bet is to go the Xcal route, which will allow you to flash custom maps to your ECU. I don't know prices off hand, but the flasher is certainly cheaper than going standalone -- which isn't necessary for what you are likely doing anyway.

If you go through Tom, he will do updates to your tune as new mods require them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm lookin for info on aftermarket clear tail light lenses for 07 se and I'm not sure what forum to use. Anyone have info on lenses or which area I should be in?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
That's nice to hear, Welcome to FF!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'd dropped in K&N 57s-4000, snorkel removed and silicon hose between MAF and TB, car ran badly, but it got better after few days, I logged LTFT and STFT in a daily driving; LTFT: min 1.09, max 1.16; STFT: min 0.89, max 1.12.
I guess the MAF is off a little bit, should I go for a tune adjustment or let PCM handle it.

·
FF Affiliate
30,872 Posts
MAF is off a little bit ???? Your fueling is off by roughly 12% thats hugh and your only giving the max and min , your not saying what the steady cruise throttle STFT is and thats in closed loop when you go to WOT your in open loop and there is nothing to correct the fueling

Tom

41 - 60 of 91 Posts