Focus Fanatics Forum banner

121 - 140 of 3439 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey, Jake from wisconsin here. Got my focus about 3 weeks ago. Its a 2004 ZX3 Zinc Yellow with a 5 speed and just over 60k on her. Already cut the lunchbox off, and painted the side moldings and mirror caps. Just doing cosmetic stuff such as drop, wheels and tint, seeing as its my commuter car. I also drive a 1987 Mustang GT, with all your basic mustang bolt ons, when its nice out. And when its nasty out i drive a 1990 Bronco on 33" mud terrains with dual exhaust. Thats it for the about me, looking forward to gaining some focus knowledge here.

·
Registered
26 Posts
hello, my name is scott and i have just brought a 06 ZX4 and i am really hoping the Dealer will take it back! i have the "S" but i atleast want the "SE" especially for what im paying for the thing.. i am astounded that it dont have central locking and no electric windows...

on the initial test drive all i was wanting to do is see how it drove and its a fun little car to drive, i didnt even think i was gonna be given credit atall and that why i really took no notice of the other things and on the sheet of paper it said 2006 ford focus ZX4 "SE", well half way home i decided to go to taco bell and went to bush the button to open the window and ARGHHHH handle??

love the drive of it but i hate the bog standard basics i have not seen in a car for many years!! i didnt even think they still made cars this low key, and for 15000? pfft!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Welcome! And don't sweat the roll windows too much. Think of it this way...that's one less electrical bug to happen! The only thing you'll have to get used to is the wierd Focus window handles...I've had mine for a bit over a month, and I STILL forget that they roll backwards.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Whats Up?

Hey everyone. I just joined yesterday and am looking forward to getting involved with this forum. In advertently I am driving a 2006 ZX4 ST. It is/was my wifes car but due to the distance that I have to travel to work she is now the proud owner of my 2006 F150. I have always been a sports car fan (I had an Audi TT before marrage and kids) but because of the family aspect I ended up with a truck. I must admit I love this little Focus, and I am amazed at the following and performance support for the vehicle. Anyway thanks for having me aboard and I am sure I will talk to you soon.

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Soon to be ZX3 owner...

Hi guys,

Car shopping right now with a budget of about 7-8K. I know for sure I want a ZX3. I like the first gen design better (especially the interior), but want to get the best car for my money.

So I had a few basic newb questions (feel free to kick me to the curb if they've been answered elsewhere - I couldn't find the right combo of words in Search to answer these...)

1. Any major/common mechanical "gotchas" on the 03-04's (2.0 or 2.3) that I should watch out for? My understanding of the 05-07's is that they are pretty sound and relatively free of gremlins.

2. With the knowledge that I value handling over horsepower...

How dramatic (if any) were the quality and/or handling improvements to the second gen (05-07) models? I really prefer the 1st gen car, but like I said, I want to get the most car for my money. [:)]

Thanks a million! I hope to be the proud new owner of a ZX3 shortly and hang around here for awhile! [thumb]

·
Registered
12 Posts
The new guy

Hi all! I'm new to the forum and new to the Focus. It seems there is no end to the modifications possible on the focus so I'm going to need some guidance. I'm looking forward to benefiting from your experience's. Aka, hoping not to screw up my car!!

I have a 2004 Focus SVT in Sonic Blue. It's completely stock except for the Livewire plug wires and drop in K&N filter. I like it so much I'm hesitant to change a thing! Maybe headlights...window tint....CAI....lol! I think it could escalate rapidly!

Anyway, looking forward to learning as much as possible :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Newbie Thread

Hey my name's Cash, I've been a fanatic for a few years but I found out about the FF website just recently.

I don't know squat about cars but I figured that being a member here could broaden my knowledge.

I used to drive a '02 Fort Knox Gold Focus SE Sedan. It was my first one that I got while I was in high school and I found it very entertaining. I seriously learned something new about that car everyday that I was in it.
After a while, the car started to give in, the tires kept blowing out, the brakes went bad etc. .

I just recently got another focus. This time it's an '05 Infra-Red ZX4 ST, enough said. This car is my life! I've had it since October of '07 and I'm just now starting to make some mods to it. I'm interested in turning it into something that says "I don't care if the SVT was discontinued or not, I'm still a monster!"

Right now I'm saving up some cash, after my most recent stereo, antenna, and head/tail light cover combo purchase. I figure next I'll go with either some new rims or maybe a suspension job. I guarantee that I will be seeking you guys out for some help here in the near future!

-dueces [loveff]

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey all, my name's Garret. I'm driving a 2k6 Focus ZX4 SE ATX w/ 2.0L Duratec engine. I got a great deal on this car from the dealer....SE w/ATX and dang close to fully loaded for 14k and the sticker on the thing said 17k. :D I've had it for 2 years now and I'm ready to mod it, but I don't know how far yet. I know I'm putting a Steeda SRI into it for sure, don't know about anything else yet. Maybe I'll tune it, but I dunno. Anyway, just intro to me. Oh, and thanks in advance for any help I get.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hey all imnew to the site i check back here every few dayz i love it the feedback the questions concerns answers!!! Im a focus fanitic for sure i got an 02 svt hatch, i love it i've been a gear head my whole life and this is definately the car for me!! thanx everyone for the welcome......[popcorn]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm Susan from Michigan. I'm a first-time Focus, and Ford, owner. I just got an '08 Vapor Silver Coupe SE w/deluxe package on Friday.

I realize there are many people who don't care for the new Focus and I'll be the first to admit I can see why some people feel that way. I'm coming from being a former Saturn enthusiast and was just looking for a nice commuter car with a bit of sportiness and the Focus fit the bill for me.

I'm looking forward to spending time here at the forum! [:)]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, just bought my first Focus. A 2000 1.8 Zetec and I love it!

Googled some Focus Forums and this one seemed the best so here I am! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone,

I just bought my 2000 focus wagon (it's my first car).

I kept searching for some new parts and kept ending up here...looked so good that I joined!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, I'm Kyle. I'm 18 years of age and recently started driving a 2000 Ford focus ZX3 Kona Edition. Its in near perfect condition (thanks to my dad for 8 years)
Its my first car and I treat it very well. I'm one of those strange guys who names cars so it only seemed fitting to name this one (Despite the fact it was the family car for 8 years and never got named) so its name is Shela.
It has 140,000 miles, paints still shiny(ish) and the interior is near mint.
She is my pride and joy ^^

But anyways, I found this site when I was looking for a tutorial on how to remove the front bumper (me and my dad plan on painting it a flat black to match the bra)

If you were wondering, yes he gave it to me, I'm not ashamed (much) to admit my first car was given to me. But he just got a new Kia Amanti a year ago, so by default I got the old one. He replaced the window which had been shattered and the tires, then let me handle the rest. (Battery, oil, tinting for the new window and new compressors for the hatch back)

So there's my story! I don't exceed the speed, nor am I reckless. the cars my most prized possession and I'm going to do my best to make it go to 12 years (end of collage) and if she makes it that far then she gets a new paint job and maybe an engine! XD

·
Registered
2 Posts
wad up yall names jer ive got a 01 bluzx3 with mainly all obx mods love the car quick as hel jus bought another 02 silver zx4 both 5speed my blu one has the zetech the silver has the spi so ill see how it dus

121 - 140 of 3439 Posts